81

Season Six

Eliana's POV:

A scared, frantic boy was in the sheriff's office.

The sheriff told the boy, "Alex, you know we're having trouble locating your parents. And since you can't remember anything, we have a method, an unusual method that might have you remember. But I need you to be okay with it. I also need you to know that it's probably going to hurt you."

Alex shook his head. "I don't care. I just want to find my mom and dad."

"You ready?" Scott asked, kneeling in front of Alex.

He let out a breath and nodded. Scott flicked his claws and inserted them into the back of Alex's neck. He gasped and his eyes rolled into the back of his neck as Scott's closed.

Scott's eyes opened a few moments later and he stepped back.

"What did you see?" Stiles and I wondered.

"I saw a guy on a horse," Scott said.

"Horse?"

"He had a gun."

My dad looked between us. "Okay, a guy with a gun. That sounds like the sheriff's and my department, not yours."

I glanced to Alex and back to the sheriff and my dad. "And his parents? What happened to them?"

Scott shook his head. "I don't know. That's all I remember. But... I got this feeling."

"What kind of feeling?" Stiles asked.

"They're coming back," Alex replied. "They're coming for me."

I followed Stiles, Malia and Lydia out to a car. The car had a broken windshield and the passenger's door was missing.

"I don't think they're dead," Lydia said, glancing to Lucy who nodded.

Malia shrugged. "They're dead. Probably torn apart. The only thing I don't get is why there's no blood."

I checked the car. "No clue. But you both bring up good points.

Lydia frowned. "They're not dead. If they were dead, I'd sense it."

"If they were alive, I'd smell it," Malia shot back.

Scott looked around. "Yeah, I'm not getting anything either. Ella?"

I shook my head. "No. Nothing from me either."

Stiles looked at his friend. "Scott, what are you talkin' about? You were in his head for four minutes. I timed it."

"Well, it's not an exact science. And he's a kid. Maybe he's too freaked out to remember."

Malia frowned. "Why does it matter if they're dead? Dead is dead."

Stiles said, "Okay, if it's just a robbery, we can't help them. And if it's something supernatural, my dad and Ella's dad can't help them."

Lydia narrowed her eyes towards Stiles. "It sounds like you want it to be supernatural."

"It's been, like, three months since anything's happened."

Lydia rolled her eyes. "Yeah, and once a week you drag me out of bed like I'm some sort of supernatural metal detector."

He shrugged. "Okay, it is way more often than that. You can't tell me that you think this is just some series of impossible coincidences?"

"What I'm saying is maybe that wouldn't be so bad," Lydia retorted as she walked away, followed by Malia.