10

Eliana's POV:

I arrived in time for the game; in new clothes. Beacon Hills barely won. I walked by the locker room, needing to grab something from my locker and my arm was grabbed by Scott.

"With Derek," I replied.

Scott frowned and muttered about how he didn't like me spending time with Derek.

I heard a familiar voice say, "I really don't get lacrosse."

I silently followed the voice and hid behind lockers so I wasn't visible. As I thought, Peter Hale was talking to Scott.

"It was you--" Scott realized.

Peter cut him off. "When I was in high school, we played basketball. There's a real sport. Still, I read somewhere that lacrosse comes from Native American tribes and that they played it to resolve conflict. I have that right? Hm. I have a little conflict of my own to resolve, Scott. But I need your help to do it."

"I'm not helping you kill people."

"Well, I don't want to kill all of them. Just the responsible ones. And that doesn't have to include--"

"Allison," Derek interrupted.

"You're on his side?!" Scott cried. "Are you forgetting the part where he nearly killed your sister?"

Derek had mentioned pretending to side with Peter. I still didn't approve, despite him reassuring me that he wasn't trusting his psychotic uncle.

Derek shrugged. "It was a mistake."

"What?" Scott retorted.

"It happens."

"Scott," Peter continued, "I think you're getting the wrong impression of us. We just really want to help you reach your full potential."

"By killing my friends," Scott shot back.

"Sometimes the people closest to you can be the ones holding you back the most. Someone's listening."

Peter looked back at my location and I froze, hoping he didn't sense me.

Scott continued. "If they're holding me back from becoming a psychotic nut job like you, I'm okay with that."

"Maybe you could try and see things from my perspective," Peter said, forcing his claws into the back of Scott's neck.

Eventually, they disappeared and Stiles showed up saying, "Dude, we have a huge problem."

Scott nodded. "Trust me... I know. Eliana, come on out."

I stepped out from behind the lockers and frowned. "How'd you know I was here?"

"I smelled peppermint."

I sighed. "Thought I masked that."

Stiles' brow furrowed. "How'd you get here so fast?"

"Werewolf. What are you gonna do, Scott?"

He met my eyes. "I'm gonna go home and try to stay away from the Alpha."

"Me too. Good luck."

I got a text from Derek saying he had Jackson. What he wanted with that tool, I had no idea. I made my way to Derek's house.

As I got closer, I heard Jackson ask, "This is it? This is the place?"

Derek nodded. "Go ahead."

"Is it safe? I don't want rafters falling on my head."

I laughed. "Do you see a roof? I think you're safe from falling rafters. Go in."

He frowned. "What's in here? What is she doing here?"

"Everything you want," Derek offered. "It's gonna be all right. Trust me. She's here because she can be."

"This house... It's the same h-house."

"What'd you say?"

"I've dreamt about this place. I-I remember the staircase. I remember these--these walls. I remember... Everything."

"You've been here?" I questioned.

Jackson shook his head. "No, never. I dreamt it."

"There's no one else here, and no one else is coming?" Derek asked, baring his fangs.

"No, please--please don't, okay? I'll shut up--I'll never say another word again. I'll leave Scott alone. Please, you can't do this! Please! I-I don't deserve it."

"I think you do."

"N-No!"

"Look around you! Wouldn't there be someone here trying to save you? There's no one here. There is no reason. No one cares that you drive an expensive car. No one cares that you have perfect hair, and no one cares that you're captain of the lacrosse team."

"Excuse me, co-captain," Scott said.

"Move!" Derek yelled, trying to lunge at Jackson.

"What are you doing?!" I cried. "Stop it!"

At the same time, Scott exclaimed, "No!"

Derek rolled his eyes. "Fine. I'll kill you, too." A flash of light distracted him. "Cover your eyes! Scott! Go! Run! Ella! Run!"

We were hit with wolfsbane bullets and Scott managed to get away. Due to feeling Derek's pain, and my own, I felt too weak to run.

I woke up chained to a fence in werewolf form. Derek was to my right, also in werewolf form.

The door opened to reveal Kate Argent, followed by her niece Allison.

Allison looked at me in surprise and I glared between the two Argents.