47

Eliana's POV:

I waited while Melissa looked over Stiles to make sure he wasn't possessed. As I figured, he was himself. Stiles asked, "Is she here?"

Melissa nodded and Stiles said, "Okay, let's do this."

I helped Stiles down the stairs and saw Mrs. Yukimura. I frowned at her and Mrs. Yukimura said to him, "Do you recognize me?"

A door slammed and Kira ran in. "Stop."

Stiles looked at her. "It's okay. I'm the one who asked her to come."

Kira narrowed her eyes. "You're the one who's going to get stabbed with swords. Mom, don't do this to him!"

"It's already done," Mrs. Yukimura told her.

The Oni showed and one stood behind Stiles. They grabbed the back of his head with their gloved hands. Stiles shook and fell to the ground and the Oni disappeared. "Look behind his ear," Mrs. Yukimura told them.

I ran over to Stiles, followed by Kira, and I knelt next to him to see a backwards five on the back of Stiles' ear, exactly like the one I'd gotten.

"It worked!" Scott cried excitedly.

I nodded. "Yeah, Scott, it worked."

Stiles looked relieved as he asked, "So I'm actually me?"

Mrs. Yukimura smiled lightly. "More you than the Nogitsune."

"Can the Oni find him?" Scott asked.

She nodded. "Tomorrow night. It's too close to dawn now."

A disturbing thought crossed my mind and I questioned, "Can they kill him?"

"That depends on how strong he is."

"What about Lydia? Why her?"

"He would only take her for an advantage."

Scott frowned. "You mean for her power."

Mrs. Yukimura nodded at his words. "The power of a Banshee."

As soon as everything had been sorted, Scott drove us to the station so Stiles could meet up with his dad.

We entered the station and saw Deputy Parrish at the front desk. He smiled at us and the sheriff muttered, "Ah, if I could just find my keys."

"In your coffee cup," Stiles said. "You always drop them in your coffee cup."

Sheriff Stilinski looked to me and Scott for confirmation and we nodded. Stiles ran to his dad and the sheriff threw his arms around his son. "Hey, Dad."

"Is it over?"

Scott shook his head. "Not yet."

Scott and I left the room so father and son could have a moment and I began pacing. "We'll save Lydia," Scott reassured.

"And if we can't? What if we can't find her?" I asked.

"We will, Ella. We're going to save her."

The sheriff and Stiles joined them and the sheriff said, "We got an APB on Lydia's car. Every unit on the road is looking for her."

I looked at the sheriff. "Is there anything we can do?"

"At this hour? No, not really."

Stiles turned to his dad. "Dad. Look, if we can figure out the why, then we'll figure out the where."

Sheriff Stilinski nodded and once he made sure the coast was clear, he said, "Okay. What would a Nogitsune need with a Banshee?"

Stiles shrugged. "I don't know. Lydia's pretty good at finding dead bodies. Maybe he needs to find a dead body?"