40

[Special POV this chapter ;)]

Eliana's POV:

We gathered at the sheriff's station for interrogation.

"So when did you get there?"

"At the same time," Stiles and I said.

"At the same time as who?" Agent McCall asked.

"At the same time as me," Scott replied.

"By coincidence?"

"What do you mean by coincidence?" Stiles questioned.

"That's what I'm asking you. The three of you arrived at the same time. Was that coincidence?"

"Are you asking me?" Scott wondered.

"I think he's asking me."

I shook my head. "No, I think he's asking me."

Lydia rolled her eyes. "I think he's asking each of you."

Agent McCall frowned. "Okay, let me answer the questions. Let me ask the questions. Just so I have this absolutely clear. Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the entire town."

"Sounds about right," Stiles commented.

"How did you know he'd take her to a power station?"

"Well, 'cause he was an electrical engineer. So where else would he take her?"

I nodded. "It only makes sense. Take a kidnapee to the place you know best."

"That's one hell of a deduction there, Stiles, Eliana."

"Yeah, what can I say?" Stiles replied. "I take after my pops. He's in law enforcement."

I smirked. "So's mine. Call it part of my blood."

My dad and Stiles' dad snorted and coughed before Sheriff Stilinski said, "Stiles, Eliana, just, uh... Just answer the man."

"We made a good guess," Stiles answered.

Agent McCall turned to Scott and Kira and asked, "What were the two of you doing?"

"Eating pizza," Scott answered.

At the same time, Kira replied, "Eating sushi."

"Eating sushi."

"Eating pizza."

"Eating sushi and pizza," Scott and Kira said together.

"You two believe this?" Agent McCall asked.

My dad nodded. "Eliana is pretty trustworthy, so if she says something, I'm inclined to believe it."

"To be honest, I haven't believed a word Stiles has said since he learned how to speak," the sheriff replied. "But Officer Hart and I think these kids found themselves in the right place at the right time and that girl sitting there is very lucky for it."

Agent McCall turned to Scott's newest crush. "Kira, is that how you remember it?"

Everyone looked at her.

"Yes," Kira answered. "Could I get my phone back now?"

"Sorry, but no. Kira, a deputy is going to take you home. But we'll need you to fill out some paperwork first."

At school the next day, I overheard Danny and Ethan talking about a blacklight party. Danny figured the party could be held at Derek's loft. I debated telling him, but honestly, it'd be more fun to have people get caught. I was definitely interested in seeing Derek's reaction to people crashing his place.