19

The next morning at school, Scott, Stiles, Allison and I were talking.

Allison was first to speak. "If Jackson doesn't know what he's doing, then he probably doesn't know that someone is controlling him."

"Or he doesn't matter," Scott said.

"What if it's the same kind of thing that happened with Lydia when she took off from the hospital?" Stiles asked.

"A fugue state?" Allison questioned.

"He'd have to forget everything," Scott said. "The murder--"

"Getting rid of the blood."

"Yeah, he had help with one thing though--the video," Stiles reminded Scott. "And someone else helped him forget that."

"Whoever's controlling him," I replied.

"Are you sure Jackson has no clue about any of this?" Allison asked, matching my glare.

"We're sure, yeah," I shot back.

Stiles shook his head. "He thinks he's still becoming a werewolf and that being with Lydia someone delayed the whole thing."

"Which is complete bullshit," I muttered.

Allison frowned. "So do we try and convince him he's not?"

"Well, first, we need to find out who this "master" is."

Scott nodded. "If it helps to figure out who's controlling him, then yeah. Basically what she said."

"Do you think he'll talk to us after what we did?"

Jeez, Miss Twenty Questions!

"Yeah, it's us," Stiles replied. "He'll talk to us. Right?"

I laughed, seeing Derek's car. Wrong.

I got in and he glanced at me. "What's so funny?"

In between laughs, I said, "My friends, specifically the boys, are idiots."

"What'd they do this time?"

"Oh, you have no idea, but I bet you they're gonna regret it."

We got to the subway station and Isaac asked, "So why do we need their help?"

"Who's?" I asked.

"Your idiot friends," Derek replied.

I frowned. "Hey. Only I can call them idiots."

He rolled his eyes. "Because it's harder to kill than I thought and I still don't know who it is."

"And they do?" Isaac asked.

"They might. Which is why I need one of you to get on their good side."

"What about Eliana? She's on their good side."

I turned to Isaac. "Doesn't mean I know who it is. They might've figured it out something while I came here. It's gotta be one of you bozos."

Erica glared at me. "I don't like your insults. Mm. Scott or Stiles."

Derek shrugged. "Either."

"You know, the full moon's coming, Derek," Isaac said.

Derek nodded once. "I'm aware of that."

He used various tools to lock werewolves up.

Erica looked at the chains. "Oh, my, these look comfortable."

Isaac frowned. "You said you were gonna teach us to change whenever we wanted."

"There hasn't been time," Derek retorted.