50

Eliana's POV:

I frowned, staring at the younger version of Derek Hale. "I think we should take him to Deaton."

Scott glanced at me and nodded. "Good idea."

When they reached the Animal Clinic, Deaton took one look at Derek and his eyes widened. "Wow."

"Wow?" Stiles questioned. "Wow as in, "I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do" kind of wow? 'Cause that's the kind of wow we were hoping for."

Deaton turned to Stiles. "I think you might be overestimating my abilities."

Lydia took Derek's hand. "He's cold. Really cold."

Scott looked up at his boss. "Do you think this is permanent?"

I frowned. "I hope not."

Deaton shrugged. "I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate. This is well beyond my experience."

While staring at Derek, I asked, "What exactly are we going to do with him?"

"Until he wakes up, probably not much. It might be best to leave him with me. He'll be safe here."

"You mean from Kate?" Stiles questioned.

Deaton glanced to Stiles. "If she's alive and she is what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate."

Lydia frowned. "Why would she want to do this to him?"

I scoffed. "Yeah, well, knowing fucked up Kate was, it's good for her and bad for us."

Deaton looked at each of us. "You guys should probably go home. He doesn't look to be in any danger. So maybe the rest of you should get some sleep. It's a school night... And you all need to start taking care of your own lives again."

Scott looked up at his boss. "Someone should stay with you."

Lydia glanced down at Derek who was still holding her hand. "I'll stay. My grades are fine... Despite missing a few classes."

I nodded. "I'll stay with you. My grades are decent enough, and he is my mate."

Stiles frowned. "I'm so not okay with this."

Lydia looked at the boys as she said, "Guys, go."

Scott nodded and replied, "Text us if anything happens." Scott started pulling Stiles away.

"Nope, still not okay with it," Stiles protested. "Not going anywhere. All right, just 'cause you're stronger..."

The boys left and I glanced at Lydia before focusing on Derek.

His age regression concerned me. Whatever Kate had done to him, I didn't know what it'd do to me. We hadn't done anything, yet we both got affected when the other got hurt.

Lydia met my eyes. "We'll figure it out, Ella." She glanced at Deaton. "How's he doing?"

"His heart rate is alarmingly high," Deaton replied.

I placed a hand on Derek's forehead. "He's a lot warmer now."

"Lydia, Eliana, I'm going to try something. Eliana, I want you to keep holding his hand."

Deaton cut into Derek's skin, causing me to wince and it healed.

Lydia frowned. "What does it mean?"

Deaton sighed. "I'm not sure. Let's try something else. Grab me a five millimeter syringe. Top drawer. My apologies for this, Eliana."

"Derek..." Lydia and I called.