Chapter 46, The Epiphany of Death

Hanabi's P.O.V

"Hanabi..."

The entirety of my body wavered, I was barely aware of the tears that slithered down. If people could die from a broken heart I'd be a cold corpse by now. The jolt of pain that encroached my heart was indescribable. The pain was demanding to be felt to point where I was out of breath.

"H-how?", my tear-stained eyes darted to my arm, then I glanced up at the two of them in horror. The man had blonde hair and blue eyes, the woman had dark hair and murk eyes.

A Namikaze and an Uchiha...

"You have the appearance of a Namikaze and the dōjutsu of an Uchiha"

My brain throbbed as it tried piecing everything together so I could get the full picture.

There was so much to consider. So many emotions encroached my heart except exhilaration. If we were ever supposed to meet, then why under these circumstances? I wish we'd have met in the afterlife than like this.

The woman started shrieking as if she was trying to resist something that's overcoming her consciousness.

"...Hanabi...", my eyes darted to the blonde man, "say something...", he softly said, a faint smile on his face.

My tongue was knotted, the most I could muster up was a string on heavy panting. The longer I stared at them, the more I felt my chest tightening. I had given in, I fell to my knees, still staring at them, then uncontrollably I began crying.

My cries had echoed back and forth, rendering everyone silent. Both of my fists were balled on the ground.

"Why?", I breathlessly whispered, pounding a fist in the ground. My knuckles would eventually turn red, making me wince as I kept crying.

"What do you expect me say?", I spoke, my heart tightened at what I divulged next, "I have nothing to say! I'd spend long nights praying that I meet you someday so I can tell you about everything! I wanted to tell you about the good, the bad and the neutral, but I knew that'd only be possible if I die".

My muscles altered rigid and calloused as I carried on, "I made sure that I'd have plenty to say to you. I've made sure to let you know of how talkative I am, but..."

My face burned red as I contemplated whether I'd wanna look them in the face. Hesitantly, I slowly chinned up with trembling shoulders. I dared and stared them directly in the eyes.

"Now that you're right in front of me...", I choke on my breath, unable to form the right words. I grit my teeth and pound a fist into the ground again. The stinking tears made me clench my jaw as I hissed the following words.

"I'm unable to say anything...", I shamefully admit.

"Hanabi..."

"I don't know what to say to you other than...", my breath hitched in my throat as I stared back at them, then I whispered the next sentence with all the integrity in my heart, "I miss you..."

"Oh darling", my mother said, putting my heart at ease a bit. Orochimaru and stood back and took in the current situation. I could care less about what could happen to me at this moment. I forced myself to my feet, with a pounding heart. A small smile lifted my cheeks and I covered my mouth with my hand.

The sound of my steps echoed loud and lucid as I couldn't help the exhilaration that radiated off of me. They were looking at me in anticipation. My mother and father extended their arms out for me. They were both smiling and I couldn't help the tears that rolled down my face.