Chapter 21, Chronicles of The Third Great Ninja War: Part 5

"Congratulations!", was the word that everyone said to the Yellow Spark and the Red Butterfly. They stood side-by-side, hand in hand as they waved back at everyone.

After receiving the exhilarating news, Hayate kept a protective arm around Ichiko for the rest of the night. His palm would snake to her stomach throughout the night and Ichiko would slap it away from time to time. Hayate was bursting with happiness, the idea of a child of his own always intrigued him. 

The fireworks kept bursting in the night sky, lighting up everyone's night. This was the first time in three months that a genuine smile found its way onto everyone's faces. Ichiko and Hayate kept thanking those who congratulated them, they would eventually come across two familiar faces.

The Red Hot-Blooded Habanero Kunoichi from the noble Uzumaki clan and one of the few remaining Namikaze, both had their hands hooked together as they walked up to them.

"Well well, who would've thought that Hayate senpai would get famous all over the village?", Minato Namikaze arched a brow suggestively, and Kushina Uzumaki poked him with her elbow.

"Well I suppose it was bound to happen eventually since I had Ichiko by my side", Hayate smirked, pulling Ichiko and his daughter closer. 

"Hayate senpai", Kushina snapped him out of his trance, "you seem a little too thrilled about something, is there something you're not telling us?".

Ichiko and Hayate blushed instantaneously, the red tint was evident on their faces.

"And what would that be?", Ichiko scoffed nervously as she began to rub her neck. She slapped Hayate's hand away.

Minato and Kushina exchanged a shortcutted glance then Kushina raised a brow when she realized how nervous they were getting.

"Well? what's going on?", Kushina inquired as she studied their body language.

After fidgeting around for what seemed like two whole minutes Ichiko finally sighed and gave in.

"You two are among our trusted circle of friends", she began, "I suppose there's no point in hiding it from you".

Hayate also gave a sigh and gestured for Ichiko to go on. Ichiko gestured for Minato and Kushina to lean in as she covered the side of her mouth with her hand, whispering the very news that'll render Minato and Kushina appalled.

"A child?!", Kushina and Minato whisper-yelled in unison.

Ichiko and Hayate scowled at them, gesturing for them to lower their voices.

"No way!", Minato's eyes widened, still comprehending the news, " this child will have the speed of the Namikaze and the prowess of the Uchiha?!".

"Huh?"

"It might just become invincible!", Kushina remarked, her eyes traveling down Ichiko's stomach, making her blush.

"So you don't consider a child with the Namikaze's speed and the exceptional power of the Uzumaki to be invincible?", Ichiko smirked, crossing her arms over her chest as she arched a brow.

"Eh?", Kushina and Minato thought for a moment before they comprehended what was said.

Suddenly their faces began heating up involuntary and their tongues were knotted.

Hayate and Ichiko began laughing out loud as they stared at Minato and Kushina's faces. When the four of them stopped laughing all together Ichiko darted glances between Minato and Kushina then began, "Since you two were the first ever to know about this I was wondering if...you could be its godparents..."