Chapter 38, Eye of The Namikaze

Hanabi's  P.O.V

"I'm guessing that we're hopefully thinking the same thing", I whispered over to Itachi, our faces were close, but this wasn't the suitable time to start blushing or awkwardly look away.

"If your plan involves, taking down the Root Anbu while creating a decoy for the others, then yeah we are thinking about the same thing", Itachi informed, looking at me momentarily before darting his gaze somewhere else.

"Exactly", I affirmed, then added, "and I think I might know how to create a decoy, remember, they're waiting for Danzo's signal".

"But even though this plan might seem ideal for the current situation no matter how you look at it, it has flaws", Itachi remarked, his body going tense from overthinking so much.

"I know", I say, and take a moment to think clearly.

This plan does have flaws within it, but our minds are too occupied with how to deal with this that we are unable to think clearly.

"It seems like Danzo had taken precautions already", I inform Itachi, who kept a fixated eye on the scene that Madara had created.

"Yeah that bastard had it all figured out if it weren't for Madara", Itachi asserted.

Subsequently, our ears opened wide when we heard Madara's deep voice.

"I survived the battle against Hashirama Senju and remained in hiding all this time", Madara proclaimed, contributing to the dismayed expression upon everyone's countenance.

"If you're really who you say you are then how did Hashirama Senju die?", Fugaku Uchiha dictated, the atmosphere fell in absolute silence. Everyone, including Itachi and I had held onto their breath, awaiting the answer to this question.

A chill of terror strewed across everyone present in the moment when Madara stated, "I, Madara Uchiha defeated Hashirama Senju in the battle at the Final Valley and my strife to survive is the reason why I am here today".

"This can't be..", Lord Hokage was at loss of words just as everyone else was.

I immediately turn to Itachi and inquire, "is this man in his right mind?! Hashirama Senju was the God of all Shinobi!!".

Itachi simply kept his gaze fixated, but hesitantly replied, "Yeah, just calm down Hanabi", a bead of sweat hung loose from his forehead as he asserted, "Hanabi, listen, Madara did say that the Uchiha's annihilation is no longer his goal, but Danzo would die before giving up on his sadistic plans. So with that in mind I want to let you know that we might resort to actually killing these Root Anbu", his eyes darted to mine suddenly, making me flinch.

"Are you ready for what is to come? Our options are limited at this point..", his brows creased, making my heart sink a bit.

"I know...and I am..."

"Then...", he took my hand in his and looked up again, "shall we do this?".

"Yeah", I inform, my pacing heart feeling like it wants to break free.

"Itachi!", I snap so suddenly, he actually flinched in fear.

"What is it?"

"We should stop Danzo from giving the signal to his Root Anbu", I elaborated, feeling like a light bulb had somehow went off in my head.

"I figured, but how?", he whispers a little low.

"Listen", I gave his hand a slight squeeze and elaborated, "I know I might not look it, but I am able to take out these Root Anbu, I have the Namikaze speed remember? All you need to do is catch Danzo's  attention and ensnare him in a Genjutsu".