Chapter 57, Skipping Heartbeats

The sky is cloudy, concealing the sun completely. There were little signs that it'll rain here in the Land of Fire, but one thing for sure was that when we get to Hidden Rain grounds, it'll be raining mercilessly. Before leaving the village we'd been given long white capes with hoods to cope with the harsh weather in the Hidden Rain.

For now, we've taken a short break in the Quarters of Tanzaku, a village that resides away from the Hidden Leaf by a fair distance located in the Land of Fire. This village is known for its reputation where most gamblers and fine women reside. It just happened to be on the way to the Hidden Rain.

We've stopped at a nearby restaurant where the three of us ordered steak. The waitress kept giving Shisui and Kakashi side glances, which they completely disregarded. Once the coquette was gone after writing down our order we leaned closer and began talking.

"If the rumors surrounding the Hidden Rain are by any chance true, then we must proceed with caution", Kakashi informs, making sure his voice was only audible to us.

The restaurant sure was crowded. With men and women flirting back and forth, and the loud talks which filled the place with noise. It was safe to say that this is the best location to discuss our upcoming plan.

"But what is the goal of this Akatsuki organization exactly?", Shisui inquires, searching our faces for an answer.

"Nothing has been specified really", Kakashi responds and adjusts his mask, "all we know is that they're a group of mercenaries who accept money in exchange for doing someone else's dirty bidding. From what we know so far, they pose as a threat, consisting of rogue ninjas who abandoned their villages", Kakashi elaborates and laces his fingers together as his elbows rest on the table.

I lowered my head and thought about how I was supposed to join this Akatsuki organization four years ago. I really wanted to tell them about everything that could be of help, but my tongue is knotted and I am stigmatized.

Hesitantly, I think quickly and remark, "I think that it'd only make sense if the HeadQuarters of this Akatsuki organization is located somewhere in the Hidden Rain, or it could be the Hidden Rain itself", I swallow a lump in my throat as their eyes glue to mine all of a sudden.

"And what contributed to that deduction Itachi?", Kakashi scrutinizes me as Shisui simply awaits my reply.

"Think about it", I say and dart glances between them as I divulge, "the Hidden Rain is the sole victim of the Great Wars that've waged in the past. The Country of Rain suffered most in the wars since it acted as a battleground for the Great Nations. With that being said, it'll only make sense if the Hidden Rain is associated with the Akatsuki. And considering some of the latest intel regarding how tight their security is towards outsiders, it just adds up too perfectly".

Kakashi sighs and remarks, "that makes sense, no-that should be it then, the headquarters are definitely located in the Hidden Rain".

Shisui nods in agreement and praises me for my deduction. I finally breath out when I got it off my chest.

"Shall we investigate their internal affairs as well? The Hidden Rain seems to be closed off to everyone", Shisui asserts, looking at Kakashi for an answer.

Kakashi thinks for a good moment then replies, "Lord Hokage told us not to take any chances, but I don't think we'll even get a chance for that anyways, so it's best if we just stick to what's at hand".

We stay silent a bit, each one of us drifting into their own worlds. The dreamy expression on Shisui's face suggested that he's thinking about Hana. While Kakashi, well let's just say that he can't wait to get an opportunity to read his Make-Out Paradise book.