Chapter 77, What The Bastard Deserves

"Itachi", I swallowed the lump in my throat as my tired lids were forced to keep open. I stare up at Shikaku and Inoichi, searching their faces carefully.

Their expressions were aghast and somewhat concerned as they both stared at me. It's been three days since I infiltrated the secret meeting and Shikaku had took it upon himself to discreetly treat my case.

He questioned me about things I already answered at the meeting, but he asked me to go in more depth about Hanabi's case. I'd told him all about Danzo and what happened at the Final Valley four years ago.

I know I have caused some commotion among the Uchiha by now. I heard that some of them are still having my back while others are dissatisfied and disappointed.

Inoichi assured me that only those Police Force members who were present at the meeting know about my case. Everyone else is kept in the dark. While some Police Force members took my back and stood with me, I know there are still some Uchiha members who won't trust me the same after learning that information.

But this was the leap I chose to take...

My hands were cuffed as they sat me down on this same table for almost three days now. I've been interrogated various times over the course of these seventy-two hours and it's getting tiresome.

Surprisingly, Hiruzen Sarutobi backed me up and strictly forbade any damage done to me by either the Anbu or the interrogation team. Father hasn't payed any visit to me. When mother came, they forbade her from visiting me, as I was still under investigation.

They even investigated Shisui and Kakashi to affirm my claims, but as far as they know, the first time we all saw Hanabi was on the S-rank mission.

I'm kept in custody until Danzo is found. He's been missing for four days in a row since he took off for his journey the day before the meeting was held.

"Itachi we have news..", Shikaku started, earning my full attention as I stare between him and Inoichi. I searched Shikaku's face for a clue as to what this could be and I held my breath.

"The separate Anbu faction also known as the Root Foundation Organization is under strict surveillance", Inoichi informed, his arms crossed over his chest.

"After further contemplation between Lord Hokage and the Elders, it has been decided that Hanabi Namikaze will be given the pardoning card if your claim turns out to be true", Shikaku stated, his furrowed brows weren't reassuring at all.

"Which means that Hanabi won't be registered as a rogue ninja", Inoichi added, making me breath out in relief.

"I'm still waiting for what you have to say next", I stare between them carefully, scratching the back of my hand.

"Itachi...", Shikaku trailed off before exchanging a glance with Inoichi, "we might've found potential evidence to back up your claim".

My palms abruptly slam the surface of the table as I demand, "what happened?!".

My shoulders were tensed as I gawked at them .

"Calm down", Shikaku ordered, and I knew better than to resist. I force my body to calm down as I keep the burning anticipation internal.

Shikaku stroked his aching temple and replied back, "its Danzo..."

My eyes widen as my ears craved more information.

"He's been found...", Inoichi inserts.

"What?", I gasp, digging my nails into my palms.

"He was found alive on the Tenchi Bridge while ten of his Root subordinates were found dead", Shikaku inserts, rendering me jaw-dropped.