Chapter 1, A Long Gone Spark

"There you are", the familiar calm voice catches me off guard, but I don't bother glancing over my shoulder because I know who it is. Instead, I look down at the gravestone that stood still.

Fourth Fire Shadow

I lower my head further, recoiling at the idea of crying. It's been seven years since the Nine-tail's attack, but the sight of this gravestone never fails to strike with the painful memories.

"I'm guessing there was still so much you wanted to tell Minato Sensei", Kakashi stands beside me, in his left hand was the Make-out Paradise book that he immediately put away. He levels his head to stare at the sky and says, "You know tears don't mean you're weak".

"I never saw you weep for either Rin or Obito", I manage to say in a steady voice.

"Cut it out Hanabi, neither you nor I am made of stone".

"Well, wouldn't it be less exhausting if we were?".

"Indeed yes, but I came here to tell you that Lord Third wants to see you. So say your prayers and head to his office".

I sigh and roll my eyes replying, "What does that geezer want?".

Kakashi sighed, lowering his head to pay his respects to The Fourth Hokage. A chill scattered in the air, cut short when Kakashi spoke, "Are you holding a grudge against Lord Third, Hanabi?".

I bit my lip, recalling the sight of the Nine Tail's Jinchuriki, who is now seven years old. The way the people of this village treat him, not knowing that Minato Sensei has entrusted his own son to us. "Minato Sensei's wishes were not fulfilled. His orphan is being treated like an outcast instead of a hero".

"I understand", Kakashi turns to me, face-to-face, and informs, "You know, for being a disciple of Minato Namikaze you more than anyone else should know that he had a lot of enemies. He's the Yellow Flash of The Leaf after all. Don't you think that exposing Naruto's identity would be the same as making him a target?".

I clenched my jaw and reached for The Flying Thunder God kunai. Just looking at it makes me sad. "You know, Minato Sensei wasn't so creative when it came to choosing names for his jutsus", I scoff humourlessly and turn to stare Kakashi in the eyes, "He wasn't just a teacher or a fine shinobi. He was also family to me". With that being said, I fling the kunai behind Kakashi and raise two fingers as I said, " Lightning Style: Flying Raijin Jutsu".

Before I get to see Kakashi's expression, I was teleported to the gate of the graveyard, looking over my shoulder one last time I saw Kakashi gave me a heads up and I reached to snatch my kunai. Muttering a string of profanities, I began marching my way to Lord Third's office.

***

I managed to march my way to the Hokage's office, approaching the door carefully I stood there until I heard my name being called. That's when someone beat me to opening the door from the other side. At a moment's notice, I was met with eyes so dark I felt they contrasted my signature blue Namikaze ones. The same thing could be said about his dark hair, which was gathered in a low ponytail. The way the atmosphere rapidly changes in his presence, so calm, so composed made a chill scatter throughout my spine. Our eyes connect, yet I can feel the distinction between our distant personalities.

His features are too remarkable to be missed easily, an Uchiha, I concluded. There was no any other exchange between us except a small narrowing of eyes at each other's sight. He treaded away, but not without a final glance. I somehow managed to pay attention to the four highest figures in the Leaf Village, still brooding about the boy. Their eyes fell on me, The Elders, Lord Danzo of The Foundation, and Hiruzen, the Third Fire Shadow of the Leaf. He reclaimed his position as Hokage after the Nine Tail's attack when Minato Sensei died.