Chapter 90, Spinning In The Void

"I won't let you two get in the way of rescuing Lord Orochimaru", the silver-haired man growled as he send another strike of his blade bone.

"Rescuing Orochimaru?", I echoed back, gawking at him as I felt the warm blood on my face. The large surface area of the giant tree branches allowed space for a battle to take place.

The body of the Sound ninja I just eliminated fell lifelessly at my feet as I gawked at Shisui. A bead of sweat ran down my face as I scrutinized his set of chakra points, which were overflowing with power.

Unwillingly, I bit back my uneasiness about the entire situation and forced my body into motion. I clenched my jaw and put Hanabi's kunai away in my pouch. Gripping my clutch on my sword, I swung it behind me and bolted for the entrance to the hideout.

Could Orochimaru really be in the Akatsuki's grasp?

My Sharingan was activated as my eyes darted back and forth through the dark place. The gloom of this place seemed never ending. The walls reeked of blood and everything unpleasant the more I bore  into it.

The aura and atmosphere of this hideout was quite nerve-racking to the point where I had to stop for a moment and make sure that I'm still save. Where do I even start my search for Sasuke and Naruto?

My footsteps kept echoing in a steady rhythm that played back and forth throughout the walls. I knew for a fact that it's almost too convenient for me to be let loose like this in the enemy territory.

One way or another, something is bound to happen and when it does, it'll have to be bad.

Just where are you Sasuke?

Naruto...

I keep on descending into the unknown, in desperate  hopes of finding any trace of Sasuke and Naruto. How I wish Hana was here right now.

I keep my tight grip on the sword as I contemplate on what I should do. Should I simply scream out for Sasuke and Naruto, in hopes of them giving me a response back? Or should I keep searching for them aimlessly like this?

My heart was pacing fast in my chest as my eyes trailed everywhere.

An unsettling pit grew in my gut as I kept roaming around aimlessly.

What am I even doing?

I should've found them by now...everyone is waiting...

As if the building wasn't already intricate enough on the exterior, it also has a sophisticated interior. My nerves and anxiety were not liking this at all.

There is a commotion hailing outside, but it's eerily quite in here. This place is so unsettling it's driving me insane.

Focus Itachi, focus...

The walls have candles to keep the area lit so the hideout doesn't go into complete darkness.  I halt in my tracks for a moment and force my mind to think straight, despite the uneasiness that keeps on building up inside me.

I can't keep contemplating like this forever. Tenzo would always babble about how infiltration should be done discreetly, but...

It's Sasuke's life on the line here and I'd gladly give up mine if it means that his could be saved. There's no more time to waste.

I could summon my crows, but they're needed for the diversion outside. Tenzo is taking on the entire security force of this hideout, while Shisui is battling a Kekki Geenkai user.

I should do something on my own right now. I should quickly think of something...

Anything...

When I sensed the presence of chakra near me, that's how I got my answer on the spot. It was probably one of the Sound ninja underlings.