Chapter 30, The SharinGANG

Hanabi's P.O.V

"Itachi...", I stood rooted to my place, eyes wide, as I took in Itachi's current fit. His mouth was blood-stained. His Anbu vest was in bad shape as well, so was his hair.

"Itachi what happened?", I inquired, treading towards him. Shisui had jumped out of his place to inspect Itachi closer.

The stench of blood was radiating off of him.

"Itachi?", Shisui treaded closer, taking in his current attire. He was panting slightly, which only concerned us even more.

Itachi entered the gazebo and leaned on one of the wooden pillars, he gazed the other way while folding his arms.

"I got back from my Anbu duties, went to the police force and heard about what happened with you two".

"Itachi..."

"Did you get in a fight with the police force?", I ask abruptly, holding my breath tight.

"What does it look like Hanabi?", he says nonchalantly.

I exchange a glance with Shisui and look back at him.

"Fugaku already dealt with them", Shisui asserted, narrowing his eyes at him.

"I know", Itachi almost retorted back, staring Shisui directly in the eyes, "their methods of dealing with people has become more brutal, the villagers are unable to bear it".

"Itachi we agreed we wouldn't do anything suspicious", Shisui pressed.

"They need to get a taste of their own medicine", Itachi challenged, "besides, that's not suspicious".

"What could be more suspicious than challenging your own clan members at such a critical time like this?", I inquire, arching a brow suggestively.

"She's right", Shisui chirped in, his satisfaction was clear, but he managed to mask it.

"That'll only worsen things", I inserted, making direct eye contact with him.

"This is not helping", I said.

Itachi let out an exasperated sigh and broke off eye contact.

"I had a plan remember?", Shisui stated, his voice had elevated a bit.

"It won't work", Itachi simply stated, his aura a little different than usual. He's too pessimistic.

"What?", Shisui and I inquire at the same time.

"Kotoamatsukami won't work", Itachi said, he unfolded his arms and looked back at Shisui, "Even if you use it on my father, Danzo will still want your head on a silver platter".

"What's that?", I ask, feeling a bit left out.

"My visual Jutsu", Shisui informed, his muscles were not exactly relaxed, "I can manipulate people and make them think that my desires are their own".

"That sounds...scary", I remark as I let it sink in, the butterflies have returned once again, "you were going to use that on Fugaku?", I inquire, my brows creased.

"Yeah", Shisui affirms and clenches his jaw, "but now I'm considering it as a last resort since it seems that Danzo wasn't convinced with me and thought that I'll use my visual Jutsu against him..."
Shisui lowers his head in despair.

"On a more serious note", Itachi said, darting glances between us, "Danzo wasn't at the Hokage's office when I checked in".

Shisui and I listen attentively as we try to make sense of it.