Chapter 98, All About Speed

The last time I ever experienced the Teleportation Technique was when we prevented the coup on the Uchiha, which was roughly years ago. I know I probably hurt her hand from how firm I'm gripping it, but she returned the favor as well.

Just before we entered the teleportation dimension I'd heard another scream emanate from the pit of woods.

All we could do as of now was hold onto our breaths as we undergo the Teleportation dimension. The process was subtle and quick, almost too fast-paced for me to comprehend.

The only thing I felt in this split second of undergoing the Teleportation Dimension was the firm grip that Hanabi gave.

I whipped out my sword as I knew we'd be in for a battle.

The butterflies Hanabi casted had hid in the pit of woods near the enemy, where we were supposed to make a grand entrance. So when Hanabi and I land, we land straight on a giant wood branch in the wood pit.

We untangle our hands and begin searching for the chakra emanation source until our eyes went wide when they fell on the scenery below.

My Sharingan had activated immediately and from the looks of it, Hanabi's blue eyes altered red as well.

The masked man was wearing a different mask than his original orange one. A decent distance away from Madara, Kabuto could be seen holding an exhausted Naruto in place by pinning one of his arms behind his back.

"His chakra points have been disrupted", Hanabi gasps as she sees the horrors done to her kid brother.

"We have to be cautious-"

"Give me your sword", she demands, her eyes still on the scene below.

"Hanabi..."

"Just give me the damn sword Itachi, Madara is not some clueless naive man, he already saw us coming a mile away", she explains, earning a heavy breath from me.

"What are you planning to do?", I carefully inquire as I examine her stern expression.

"Slice the four-eyed bastard into threads", she hissed sternly, the wind whisking away her dull hair.

"Alright then", I say and chuck the sword towards her, which she caught single-handedly. Down below, Naruto could be seen squirming under Kabuto's grip. I could see how the scene below was tucking at Hanabi's sanity.

Of course she'd want him protected, he's Minato's son after all.

Conversation seemed to occur down below between Madara and Kabuto, which was distant to our ears due to the height we've landed on.

Hanabi lightly trails the tip of her finger along the blade of my sword, before snapping her fingers. I sort of held my breath in anticipation as I observed what she planned to do.

At the abrupt sound of her fingers snapping, the red butterflies, which survived, assembled around her at once.

Then, out of the blue, Hanabi swung the sword in my direction, making me go stiff as the sword clanged with the...air?

There was a split second of silence before a jolt of surprise surged through me when I heard the screeching clang that trailed from the bottom to the tip of the blade.

My lips parted agape when realized what it was. Hanabi repeated the process more rapidly, her arm seemed to flicker as she swung the sword back and forth.

More clinging and clanging emanated from the sword.

It had finally clicked in my head that the blade-winged butterflies were causing the clinging and screeching noises. Each red butterfly clashed harshly against the sword, where it trailed its blade wing in an upward direction, thus, sharpening the blade of the sword.