Chapter 55, First Step To Recovery

This chapter is dedicated to: joshaya4everstydia, King_Yoonie, rxsalinee, JacqueGallup, CielisBae0919, Mihnea_Kitsune, Gdjkdufu, x_personthatexists_x, Alessandra4672, Speedy0106, ittyskskj...etc

Kakashi Hatake, Shisui Uchiha, and Itachi Uchiha.

Those were the names proposed to be tasked with the upcoming S-rank mission to the Hidden Rain Village.

"We'll send a message to Hanzo of The Salamander, requesting they partake in the upcoming Chūnin Exams here in the Hidden Leaf village. The messengers of course being the three names I mentioned. The whole point of this mission is to get an inside scoop on the Hidden Rain village. If the rumors surrounding the Akatsuki are true then we must act fast. The Chūnin Exams are upcoming as well and Orochimaru is posing as a threat".

"We must not falter, for trouble might be knocking on our doors from here on out. The assigned names are to be dispatched discreetly when I see the time fit", Lord Third declares, rendering everyone at meeting silent before everyone nodded unanimously.

As much as I wanted to tell them the information I know about the Akatsuki, there was no way I'd do that. For obvious reasons of course.

Once again, I had to bite back my tongue.

***

There was a feeling in my gut that told me he'll pick me for such mission. Even though he did tell me that the final decision is up to me whether I wanted to partake in any mission. But from the looks of it, this mission seems gravely serious. Under the pressure of my father's stern face and the looks everyone at the meeting were sending me, I had no choice but to comply and accept the mission.

When the meeting was declared over, I caught sight of Danzo's stern expression. He'd narrowed his exposed eye at me. The contact lens looking almost too real. Father and Shisui were right on either side of me. So I had to proceed with caution. From the corner of my eye, I glared at him at the perfect opportunity, before heading out with the rest of my clan members.

The night was dark and cold, the sky was pitch black as we exited the meeting building. I shove my hands in my pockets and keep the frown cemented on my face. Just how much more I can take of him? He's perfectly unscathed, getting away with crime after crime.

My blood boils as I lower my head and clench my jaw. I just wish there was a way I could give him back a taste of his own medicine. He killed an entire family of three and all I did after learning of this information is bite back my tongue.

The pack of Uchiha clan members were chattering along the way as we headed to the Uchiha District. Eventually, everything crossed my mind again. Despite the fact that I hold the title of an elite Anbu. Or at least used to. I can't shake off this emotional baggage even after four years.

And now, I've managed to push away Izumi with my altering personality. I regret what I've done so bad, but at the same time I lack the courage to go up to her and apologize after what I did.

Is this the price for saving the village?

Sacrificing your own self and scar yourself with the emotional trauma? Lose sight of who you were?

I admit that Madara Uchiha played a big role in maintaining this peace. His confession that night saved our necks. But even Hanabi played a crucial role as well. For the past four years, the Leaf tried to track down any trace of Madara.

It's kind of suspicious that all of a sudden we got a tiny thread that points back to him and the Akatsuki organization. Knowing Madara, he might've purposely let himself get discovered. But the question circulates.