Chapter 76, Ichiko Uchiha and The Token of Affection

Ten Years Prior to The Second Great Ninja War...

The First Great Ninja War might've finally come to an end, but the conflicts in between waged on. On year 32 (one year prior to The First Great Ninja War) the gallant shinobi from the prestigious Uchiha clan was given a daughter.

The mother had died due to birth complications, but the child lived nevertheless. Taku Uchiha, father to the Kunoichi who'd later be known as Ichiko Uchiha had been injured in the dead of night as clan members of the Uchiha brought him back one night.

Taku Uchiha had fallen a victim to one of the conflicts between the Hidden Leaf and the Hidden Cloud. Where he protected two children of the Leaf and got injured abjectly.

He'd saw Ichiko's face in the two children, and that had made his body move on its own, thus contributing to his injury.

Kagami Uchiha was the valiant shinobi who found and helped escort the injured Taku to the Uchiha District.

The Ninja Medics who were summoned upon the injured Taku tried their best and gave it their all. However, no amount of Jutsu and knowledge known back then could reverse the damage done to Taku.

As a result, he was left with a completely paralyzed left leg for the rest of his life. From that night on he'd use crutches to get by.

It was a blow to Taku's life when he learned that he'll never be able to participate in battle or any fight for that matter. Therefore he must lead a peaceful life from here on out.

That only contributed to deep depression.

Ichiko, being only ten at the time had tried her best to keep her sorrows to herself and support her father when that calamity hit their lives.

Taku swallowed his sorrows as well for the sake of his precious daughter, despite snapping and getting mental breakdowns from time to time. Ichiko would tolerate it all as she knew far too well that he was hurting deeply on the inside, and that he tries his best to conceal it for her sake.

One night, when Ichiko was pretending to be asleep, she'd heard her father having another one of his mental breakdowns in the neighboring room. He was screaming and sobbing, tearing himself apart. Ichiko had cried herself to sleep that night, all the while trying to muffle screams of her own.

When she woke up the following day, her eyes were bloodshot and puffy. Nevertheless, that didn't stop her from secretly peeking through her father's room, where she saw him sprawled on the ground.

She tipped on her toes and pulled the duvet over him before she exited the room with a heavy heart. She got herself ready for the day and headed out, making sure to have prepared breakfast for her father beforehand.

There, a decent distance away from her house, she spotted Fugaku Uchiha. The goofy smile on his face, made Ichiko's eyes widen in recall.

Today was her graduation day at the Academy.

The days seemed to have blended together as she drowned herself in sorrows. 'How could I forget?', she thought to herself. She glanced over at her house and knew that the graduation ceremony would be over before her father decides to wake up.

"Ichiko!", Fugaku waved at her as he beamed with happiness.

Ichiko attempted a sly smile before waving back, "coming".