Chapter 91, Loathe of Disappointment

Horse, Serpent, Ram, Monkey, Boar, Horse, and Tiger

"Fire Style: Fireball Jutsu!"

Despite my astonished mind, my hands had intertwined by themselves, weaving the hand signs rapidly. Before I knew it, a single point of Fire chakra had concentrated in my chest, where I directed the erupting flames at what appeared to be a demonic shape-shifting human.

The maniac was aiming a large fist at Sasuke and the girl in his hands. Thankfully, my flames caught up just in time and I made sure to scorch his body with the magnitude of the flames.

The demonic looking human began screaming in flamboyant gore screams that hurt my ears.

"Itachi...", Sasuke croaked out, his voice seemed brittle like he was on the edge of bursting out crying. He looked at me with his pleading bloodshot eyes and my legs had moved then. Sasuke holds onto the red headed girl that looks about his age.

It took me a moment to realize that she was injured. As much as I wanted to hold my kid brother and tell him how glad I am that he's alright, I knew that it could wait.

The demonic creature keeps on filling the atmosphere with his gore screams of agony. The commotion down there is nerve-racking as well. Tenzo is taking on a huge number of Sound Ninja and Shisui is still battling that Kekki Genkai user in the woods.

"You little jerk!", the enemy screams out in a monstrous tone.

Sasuke was trembling, his arms couldn't keep on a steady grip on the injured red head. Instinctively, I took the girl from his cold, trembling embrace and picked her up in my arms, putting an arm around the back of her kneecaps and securing her shoulders as well.

"She's unconscious...", I swallow the lump in my throat as my heart began to pace, "did he do this?", I inquire to Sasuke in horror as I look down at the girl's beaten up face.

She had pale skin and misshapen hair on either side. She wore brown glasses, the impact of the strike given to her left the splinters of glass embedded into the delicate skin on her face.

Sasuke was simply looking at me as he entered a state of mind. What he said next, not only brought back memories, but also made my chest clench.

"She stood between him and me...saving me...", he croaked out, before choking on his voice.

I simply look down at him in horror as my eyes darted back to the lifeless body of this girl. She has a petite figure, but her heart is strong.

"She protected me even though she didn't have a chance against him", Sasuke began sobbing uncontrollably, "...and I...I...I couldn't even move...", he cried out loud, his screams pierced through the air as we know it.

My heart was pacing so fast to the point where it felt like it was going to burst out of my chest. I was anxious and a bit frustrated, but I had to maintain a decent character for Sasuke's sake.

This experience has certainly traumatized him, which is evident from the pain in his voice. With my Sharingan, I could conspicuously see that he was physically alright, but I know for a fact that he's been mentally drained and tainted from the entirety of this experience.

So with a steady tone, I look over at Sasuke and demand, "Sasuke, where is Naruto?".

My stomach was twisting and turning as I witnessed Sasuke trying to comprehend the question and register it.

No response.

He simply gets up to his feet again and tips his head low, completely disregarding the question.