Chapter 5, Drowned Hopes

Itachi's P.O.V

The butterflies never left my stomach as I kept brooding back and forth about Hanabi. I can't decide wether the spirit of the Namikaze is a curse or a blessing, or ultimately a curse disguised as a blessing. Why is she so stubborn? I sighed, hoping that'll make the butterflies die down a bit.

How am I going to do this?

Ugh, that Hanabi, I've known her less than twenty four hours and we're already acting as if we knew each other this whole time. I halt for a moment and stare up at the sky as the world continues to move forward. The thought of this send me into a deep thinking state.

What if we actually knew each other this whole time? Would my miserable life be any different? Could she help me restore safety for the Hidden Leaf? What if I had Hanabi Namikaze's spirit? Would I be able to change the way of the Uchiha then? Would I be able to secure a future empty of dilemma  for Sasuke?

Danzo has been hinting at something for a while now, and if it becomes an official S-rank mission,  I'll have to obey or betray either one side. There'll be no going back if I choose the side I'll be on. Today will be a long day so I better get to the Anbu for receiving my new mission.

I avoided going to the Hokage's office for the sole reason that is what Hanabi wants me to do. Honestly I don't know if I'll embarrass myself more or disgrace the Uchiha's name. Father is pretty strict after all he needn't know about my indiscretions. What is this girl doing to me? It's like all the gloom that has ever existed in my life disappears when I'm in her presence. All of my drowned hopes seem to resurrect when she's around.

Although Minato Namikaze died, he did leave behind a lively son that is in someway the joy of this village. And a powerful talkative disciple that never shuts up. I'm so in deep when it comes to trouble that I barely feel like myself anymore.

It's either the clan or the village. How will I ever get out of this torturing maze?. Where's the exit to this endless suffering. Why are the generations paying the price of what our predecessors couldn't handle? Why throw it all on our shoulders and die? Why do we respect these predecessors even though their unfinished business has resulted in our agony and pain?

Why such limited options?

How much more can I take? Why does everyone expect so much from me, when in return they don't even meet my expectations of them?

I keep treading thinking about all the while as I prepare to mentally look stable all day long.

————————————-
A/N:- Super short chapter because I was busy today, but still wanted to update. There'll be daily updates till this book finishes!

~A