Chapter 36, Upcoming Plans

Hanabi's P.O.V

"What is this?", Itachi inspected his surroundings, his eyes darting sideways. It was a dark and gloomy setting, but it had gradually faded out into oblivion, unveiling a familiar setting.

"Sasuke!", Itachi yelled out, his legs put him in motion at the sight of his kid brother. However, he'd halted in his tracks, his eyes had broadened when he saw himself. Covered in blood.

"Where am I?", Itachi questioned no one in particular.

"I hate you", Sasuke hissed, his entire body was trembling and it was not due to the cold wind.

"Sasuke?", Itachi inquired, his eyes had squinted to get a better view.

"I'll never forgive you", Sasuke growled, tears had streamed down his face.

Upon witnessing this, Itachi treaded closer towards his kid brother. Sasuke was trembling and shivering as he stood rooted to the ground where the corpses of endless Uchiha members draped there. Not sure what had happened the other figure that resembled Itachi stared him straight in the eye before vanishing into crows.

"Sasuke?", Itachi's voice was a bare whisper, which echoed over and over again, ringing like a curse in Sasuke's ears. Itachi had treaded close enough, his figure loomed over Sasuke's petite body, casting a lengthy shadow above him.

Itachi's hand was hesitantly reaching out to land on Sasuke's shoulder.

"I'll be the one to end you do you hear me?!", Sasuke shouted, staring straight in his older brother's eyes. Itachi had jumped back, his eyes widened when he witnessed Sasuke's dark brown eyes fade. A crimson pigment with three dotting blades replaced his usual murk complexion.

Sasuke had lost his balance then and fell on the ground, his tear stained eyes directed one more glare at Itachi before losing consciousness.

"Sasuke!", Itachi lunged towards his brother, but it was too late.

Sasuke's body had disintegrated into utter nothingness, leaving fragile flakes roaming around Itachi.

Itachi stood in his ground. His expression suggested that he figured it out.

"Genjutsu huh?", he lowered his head and stared down at where Sasuke previously was.

I took another deep breath and coordinated what I wanted him to see next.

It was Sasuke again.

Even though I have no idea of what the future is like, I know for sure that what Itachi will do tonight is going to scar Sasuke for life.

Which is why I showed him the following setting:

Sasuke, was grown up. Despite his natural talent as a  descendant of the Uchiha clan, his heart became wretched. The look in his eyes was of pure lust towards vengeance. Darkness had completely conquered his severed heart, deliberately, moving through each crook until the invasion was complete.

And even though he was alive. Even though he breathed the same air as everyone else. Even though he'd acquired power that surpassed Itachi's, there was nothing left of him.

There was nothing about this Sasuke that Itachi could recognize. Not his features, not his aura, and not his eyes...

I'd remained in my place within the shadows and observed him from afar. I couldn't hold this any longer. Genjutsu might not be that hard for me to do, but it's not my speciality.

We remained cemented in our place. Face to face. My bare hands still blocking his sword as I kept staring him straight in the eyes. I heard a few sniffles escape him. His blank eyes had remained wide eyed, with stillborn tears struggling to elude.