Chapter 59, Blinding Fireworks

1 year ago...

"Alright cut it out already", I sigh, crossing my arms over my chest. A few strands of my dark hair fell over my tired eye bags. It's 5 p.m. already, which means I've been doing this for almost two hours straight and there is still no progress. Maybe I should've never left the Anbu like Itachi. He doesn't get to deal with annoying Leaf citizens who waste your time by not confessing.

"I've told you already it wasn't us!", the one sitting on the left insisted, but his body language suggested otherwise.

"There's plenty of evidence that points at the two of you so divulge already", I narrow my eyes and scrutinize their movements. I place my elbows on the table and intertwine my fingers together, "you're only making it harder on yourselves", I warn, darting my eyes between them.

"I don't have all day to deal with this nonsense, you've been caught already, and if it turns out that the two of you are Hidden Leaf citizens, working for another village as spies then you'll pay the penalty", I threaten, inspecting them closely. It's already way past my working hours, but since a limited number of investigators are left at the Police Force, I have no choice but to help out.

They both exchange a glance and look back at me. They appeared to be nervous, which only further confirmed my suspicions.

"That's it", I inform, pushing away the fallen strands of my hair, "I'm transferring both of you to the Hidden Leaf's Torture and Interrogation Force, where Ibiki Morino will know how to deal with you", I say, somewhat distastefully and call upon two guards to drag them away.

"What!?"

"You brought this on yourselves", I scrunched my nose in disgust. Once the sounds of their yelling and protests faded out, I sighed and sank in my chair. I craned my neck and stared at the blank ceiling.

I was tired and exhausted from all the work I'd done today.

"Ah Shisui, there you are"

"Huh?"

I craned my neck further, where I saw Fugaku Uchiha upside down, waiting at threshold of the door. I immediately rise to my feet and stand properly in front of my leader.

"Yes sir", I said.

He smiled at me and informed, "I'm guessing you're exhausted aren't you?".

I nervously rubbed the back of my neck as I contemplated my what my reply should be. Deciding that I didn't wanna show weakness in front of my leader, I said, "No, I'm good".

Fugaku grinned and informed, "well in that case, head to the other investigating room at once".

"What?!", I blurted out loud, making his face scrunch with confusion, "I-I meant yes sir!".

I awkwardly laugh it off and skid to the door. Once I was out Fugaku's sight, I immediately sigh and curse myself for trying to act like a tough cookie. I'm already tired and now I have to head for another investigation room.

I quickly adjust my composure as I stand before the door of the the investigation room. There were already noises coming from the other side, which further made me sigh in despair.

I just want this day to be over already.

I sighed deeply and let my forehead rest against the door. This is so uncalled for, but I guess I should've just told Fugaku the truth. I groaned in annoyance, slightly hitting my forehead on against the door. Unwillingly, I took hand of the door knob and turned it at once, creaking the door open.