Chapter 15, Longing For Power

Hanabi's P.O.V

"We can't bring back what's been long gone", I declare, feeling Shisui's eyes burning into me from across. I kept my head lowered to show respect to the Uchiha's leader so I can give off a good first impression.

"We can't indeed", Fugaku affirmed and gestured for me to continue.

I begin contemplating and brooding carefully about what I was going to say. Mikito's voice interrupted through my train of thought.

"Itachi can you come lend me a hand?"

When no answer came from Itachi, who I assumed was still tucking Sasuke in bed, Fugaku gave Shisui a look. Shisui nodded and complied as he rose up from his place and scurried off the kitchen to help Mikito. Then it was the Uchiha's leader and I all alone.

"I want to know what you think and feel towards our current higher ups, Hanabi. Answer, but you shall answer only in integrity", Fugaku announced calmly, his voice making my shoulders to stop tensing.

"Right...", the tone of my voice was equally calm as I finally decided that I should tell him all that I've suppressed.

"If we're talking in all integrity then there are several things that I want to get off my chest", I lower my head further and grasped my breath tight. My chakra network is making me lose clear thought, "Lord Fugaku, I'm really not looking towards being a nuisance to you, so please excuse me if you feel like I am babbling too much nonsense".

"Not at all"

I hesitate, but start anyway.

"I hold a certain stigma towards lord Danzo of The Foundation and Lord Third, Hiruzen. I recall when I was little, during the Hokage elections, Lord Danzo was trying his best to mark the position as his own. Of course when Minato Namikaze was recommended to the Feudal Lord of the Land of Fire, Danzo lost. That's because Minato demonstrated strength and power on the battlefield during the Third Great Ninja War. Danzo has always longed for that highest position in the Hidden Leaf...and I'm pretty sure somewhere deep in his heart he's only trying to do what he thinks is right. He too, wants the welfare of the Hidden Leaf Village. However, it all backfired once he started getting his hands dirty..."

"I see..."

"No", my voice elevated enough to make him confused, "Lord Fugaku...You don't see it", I raise my head and made direct eye contact. The perplexed expression on his face gave me the cue to continue.

"If we keep on longing for power we'll forget why we desired it in the first place. We'll forget ourselves and who we used to be until there's nothing left of us to actually feel anymore".

Lord Fugaku's mouth was parted slightly and his eyes widened a bit. He snapped out of it and inquired, " I can understand the stigma that surrounds Danzo, but why Hiruzen?", his tone almost sounded like he was testing me. My shoulders slouched as I leaned back a bit.

"Hiruzen manages to turn a blind eye for almost ever thing that goes on in the village. He is wise and likable, but the only flaw, no, the most remarkable flaw that the Third Hokage has is how he only takes action when it's too late".

"I see that your reasons for this stigma are pretty much valid, Hanabi Namikaze", Fugaku remarks, his voice holding a sincere and promising tone to it. I breathe out a sigh of relieve, cut short when he said the following:

"You're just like him.."

"Like who?", I demanded, watching him without blinking.

A smile that rose to his eyes broke out on his face as he said, "Your father"

"My...my father?"

"Yes", he smiles and goes on, "you've acquired his wisdom even though he didn't live long to teach it to you".

"Uh"

Do I really resemble my father in that aspect?

"It was nice talking to you, little Namikaze", Fugaku declared as Mikito and Shisui appeared, both holding what appeared to be deserts and other sweet dumplings.

"You didn't have to-'', I instantly blush.

"It's alright", she assures as she and Shisui begin arranging the plates in front of us.

For some reason I was still waiting for Itachi to make an appearance again since it's all starting to make me feel uncomfortable.

"Be our guest and eat up"

***

After I finished my plate of dumplings and tea. I immediately rose up, and bunched together the plate and cup I've consumed from, heading for the kitchen. Mikito urged that she'd get them later , but I was more persistent. I placed the porcelain plate in the sink along with the cup and opened water. That's when the persistent rain droplets that poured outside caught my attention. The sound of rain colliding with earth was my favorite. It sparked nostalgic memories from long ago.

I rushed outside without a second thought. In an instant I found myself in the Uchiha's garden, the rain pouring heavily over my body. My hair that's usually voluminously put together had succumbed into the rain. Wilting down my face and shoulders, rendering me unaware of the figure that was sitting undetectably in the shade, observing the rumbling thunder calmly.

"You sure like anything that's messy", Itachi remarked, a knee propped in front of him that he hugged and leaned his face on.

"What can I do?", I smirk, pushing away the fallen strands of my hair, "it's exactly like the time I was little", I chuckled to myself, but Itachi suddenly grew ears.

"I'd always go out in rumbling thunder and sit under rain till I'm soaked to the bone. Then Minato would scurry off after me, the orders coming from Kushina Uzumaki of course. It's one of the reasons why he gave me his special kunai. I, of course would catch a cold much to Kunshina and Minato's dismay".

"I see your behavior dates from way back", Itachi scoffs.

I look over my shoulder in his direction and attempt to reply:

"Yea-ACHOO!!"

____________________________________

A/N:- I'm guessing y'all liked this chapter*crosses fingers*Okey so lemme clear some things up first. So, originally this chapter was supposed to be the long awaited filler that demonstrates Hanabi's childhood and how she came to be. However, there's an element in the current story that I still needed to introduce because introducing it in the filler will be a spoiler ( you'll know what I'm talking about soon) so in short the filler chapters that I promised will be starting from either chapter 17or 18(depending on how long it'll take me to reach that main plot point). Yeah, but that's about it for now.

P.S:- Your support keeps me going!!!

~A