Chapter 18, Chronicles of The Third Great Ninja War: Part 2

Battlefield, The Hidden Rain Village

Hayate flickered on the battlefield, constantly teleporting between the battlefield and the Medical Tents. Ichiko's plan was being executed smoothly as the injuries of the wounded were immediately tended to by the Ninja Medics. Fugaku had also managed to play his part by taming the flame of the Uchiha and ordering other shinobi to throw their ammo of kunais and shurikens instead of wasting their chakra on Jutsu.

From Ichiko's perspective on the top of the tower, the kunais and shurikens appeared like the feathers of a bird that are being flamed then thrown at the enemy. The kunais and shurikens acted as a decoy to prevent the Hidden Stone shinobi from weaving hand signs or performing any form of counterattack.

From that point, the Hidden Leaf made sure to take advantage of the opportunity while the enemy was still distracted. Fugaku, having excelled in Shuriken Jutsu spiraled on the battlefield as he threw his own shurikens and produced his own Fireball Jutsu. Ichiko kept her eyes open in order to watch the enemy's movements carefully, her instincts telling her that she still has to wait before engaging in battle.

Once Hayate made sure that there weren't any more casualties on their side, he rushed head-to-head into actual combat and clashed against Stone shinobi.

While Leaf shinobi engaged in total combat despite their dwindling ammo and chakra supply, Ichiko stood immobile on the peak of the tower, a dilemma suddenly at her hands. What should she do? Should she use the power of her visual prowess?

Her plan was going without a flaw, even the once discouraged and hopeless shinobi stood straight on third feet and marched into combat.

She wasn't oblivious to the fact that most of her comrades will end up overdoing things, which will eventually lead to negative results. Her eyes expanded when the Leaf shinobi accidentally gave the Hidden Stone an opening to release chakra into the ground, ultimately stimulating the rise of the ground, shifting the build of the terrain on the battlefield.

They've officially succeeded in creating a mud barrier.

Inside the barrier that the stone had managed to generate, the Earth Style users assembled together. Ichiko squinted her eyes, trying to get a clear glimpse at what they were doing. She sure was at a high level above ground, but that didn't prevent her from seeing what the Hidden Stone was weaving. She took a quick glance at her comrades and sure enough she went into a panic mode immediately.

The hand signs that the Hidden Stone were weaving behind their mud barrier were of a Jutsu that Ichiko recognized too well from the countless missions she'd engaged in battle with Hidden Stone shinobi.

Earth Style: Earth Dragon Bomb.

They were planning on bombarding the already exhausted and defenseless Leaf shinobi...

Ichiko's eyes darted to her comrades in fear, a few of them had already fallen on the muddy battlefield from overdoing their performance. At the sight of her fallen comrades and the worst case scenarios that kept executing in head head, Ichiko has finally settled her dilemma and put her doubts aside. Her Sharingan would instantly alter its typical pattern into a more intricate and sophisticated one.

Having unlocked her Mangeykō Sharingan, Ichiko had channeled her chakra into generating the gigantic humanoid avatar known as the Susano'o. A yellow flame engulfs Ichiko's body as the Susano'o spreads its massive wings and levitates in the air. The gigantic humanoid glows in the murk of this never ending night, catching everyone's eye.

Hayate spotted another one of his comrades laying on the ground, clutching the abject wound on his chest. He was about to rush to his side and use his Teleportation Technique to get him the medical attention he needed when Ichiko's voice pierced through his ears, calling out his name in frustration. His heart suddenly skipped a beat when he saw the true powers of the Uchiha prowess demonstrated by Ichiko.