Chapter 25, Chronicles of The Third Great Ninja War: Part 9

Eventually everyone would come to question about Hayate and Ichiko.

Minato had kept his promise. He walked out of Danzo's hideout, clenching his heart while holding Hanabi at the same time. What happened in Danzo's hideout had remained in Danzo's hideout.

Minato had really wanted to tell Lord third about what had happened. He had managed to get back home despite his shock and told Kushina about everything that traumatized him.

The villagers were told lies as expected.

"Ichiko Uchiha passed away after giving birth", Danzo had made sure that the false word would get out to everyone.

"Hayate Namikaze died while he was on a mission. The details of the mission are top secret, therefore it can't be released".

Minato's dissatisfaction was evident every time Danzo lied. It took every ounce of willpower not to dirty his hands with Danzo's blood.

"What happened to Ichiko's child?", those who knew of Ichiko and Hayate's relationship would come forth with similar questions. This question had remained unanswered until Danzo met up with Hiruzen and other important shinobi of the Hidden Leaf.

"What a tragedy", Danzo had said in a somewhat persuasive tone, " this child had lost her parents before being getting to see them".

Minato had managed to keep calm as he contemplated spitting out the truth.

"Lord Fugaku", Hiruzen addressed, while taking a long drag from his pipe, "since the child descends from the Uchiha bloodline it'll be for the best if she grows up in the Uchiha district".

Fugaku didn't have the time to register Lord Third's words or to state a reply of his own because Danzo had panicked then.

"We can keep her in the orphanage, there's no need to burden Fugaku", Danzo had interrupted, afraid that he'll lose the hybrid he'd so much looked forward to.

Lord Third digested Danzo's words and Fugaku had remained silent.

"Wait", Minato's voice captured everyone's attention as he stated, "there's no need to toss the child between the Uchiha and the orphanage. I, Minato Namikaze and Kushina Uzumaki take full custody of Hanabi Namikaze for the sole reason that we've been appointed as her godparents".

Fugaku's head turned in Minato's direction.

"Hanabi?"

"Yes, Hayate had named his daughter Hanabi upon witnessing the firework display that Lord Third held to honor him and Ichiko", Minato elaborated, almost glaring at Danzo.

"Lord Third", Minato addressed, "Ichiko and Hayate had requested that Kushina and I become Hanabi's godparents. There's no need to treat Hanabi like something that needs to be managed. Hanabi Namikaze was entrusted to Kushina and I and if anyone objects then speak now or forever hold your peace".

The last bit was directed at Danzo.

"Minato...", Hiruzen was carefully observing the Namikaze before him, "are you hellbent on registering Hanabi under the Namikaze surname?".

Minato's reply was on the tip of his tongue as usual, "Hanabi is a Hybrid between the Uchiha and the Namikaze. Registering her under her rightful Namikaze surname would be for the best. I'm not trying to disregard her Uchiha heritage in any way shape or form, but to be an Uchiha means to have a Sharingan. No one knows for sure if Hanabi can awaken hers. Not to mention her remarkable blue eyes and blonde hair, registering her as an Uchiha will only brand her as an outcast".

Fugaku had felt guilty deep down, but agreed with what Minato had said. Hanabi sure was of Uchiha descent, but her appearance resembled that of a Namikaze, contributing to the fact that she will have a hard time fitting in.