Chapter 93, Like Children

I fend off Jugo all the while trying to keep a close eye on Hanabi. Jugo was making strange demonic noises as he charged at me with powerful punches. I effortlessly dodged all of his fatal attacks as I multitasked by staring back and forth between Jugo and Hanabi.

I swung my sword back and forth, trying to land any attack on him. I could use my Genjutsu on him, but he's not making direct eye contact. I also want to see what Hanabi plans to do with her moths.

Along the way, I deliver various Taijutsu attacks of my own, landing hits on different pressure points. Nevertheless, he remains stable regardless, if anything he seems more determined to take me down.

At the sight of the nearest opening, I took a second to analyze Sasuke and Karin's whereabouts. Thankfully, Sasuke had thought fast and took Karin to the farthest corner of the rooftop. My forehead was dripping with sweat as I held my breath while gliding right and left to avoid his strikes.

Eventually, Hanabi's moths would come into view, followed by a single distinguishable red butterfly.

Just what do you have in mind, Hanabi Namikaze?

If her butterflies can generate blades with their wings, then what her moths could do might be of more damage. The blood-stained butterfly had managed to sneak into my high turtleneck, where it landed on my throat firmly.

The fast paced moths earned Jugo's attention, making him forget about me for a split second. In that small opening created by Hanabi's moths, blue eyes came into my view, right up my face.

My lips parted at the sudden sight of her, but I had to pull myself out of the trance.

"Is Sasuke safe?", she asked, to which I quickly nodded. She narrowed down her eyes and took my wrist instantly. I gave her the pleasure of pouring her chakra into me, before we teleported in a blink of an eye.

Jugo was rendered perplexed as he whipped his head sideways, desperately searching for us. Hanabi and I landed on the concrete banister of the rooftop, hand in hand firmly as I silently watched the scene before us unfold.

The wind blew away our hair as we stared at Jugo's confusion. His rage outbursts couldn't take the teasing moths any longer. As a result, he began thrashing his misshapen arm around, twirling over his feet.

I didn't dare look behind me because I knew that Tenzo was still taking on the security force. The height was scary and in all integrity there was a pit building up in my stomach as we stood to such a close edge.

I took a quick peek at Hanabi and I could conspicuously see that she too was afraid of this edge that we were currently standing on.

It must've been the butterfly that roamed around here that ended up with us on this edge.

Hanabi was uncertain and I could clearly tell that she was feeling uneasy just as I am. I pushed back my fears and doubts and firmed a grip on her scarred wrist, gently brushing my thumb along each vertical line.

This sudden act took her by surprise and she suddenly stared at me. I simply kept my gaze cemented ahead of me and remarked, "So what do you have up your sleeve now?"

Hanabi's gaze bore into my face for a split second before she got a hold of herself. She too, focused her attention ahead, then got her cocky attitude back.

"Something your virgin eyes aren't ready for", she smirked.

"Hanabi", I whipped my head in her direction, almost losing my balance, "when'd you learn to talk like that?"

"I will tell you all about it later..."

"You better...", I mumbled to myself and I suddenly began to brood about how cocky she's gotten. I took a drag of a breath and demonstrated some cockiness of my own.

"Darling, you best believe that these eyes aren't virgin", I smirked back, feeling victorious.

My smile didn't last long, because when I'd glanced over at Hanabi, there was a frown resting upon her face.

Suddenly my jaw dropped at her accusing glare.

"H-Hanabi...you better not take that out of context..."

"I already did", she pouted, then quickly pinched me hard in the arm.

"Ow!"

"Shut up"

Ah yes, there's void and commotion going on all around us and here we are bickering like children...

Hanabi's face suddenly altered serious again, and mine reflected hers as well. Jugo was cursing out the moths, mistaking them for butterflies. Involuntarily, I tightened my grip on her wrist as a slight gesture for her to go ahead and unleash whatever she has up her sleeve.

"Now watch closely, Uchiha Boy"

As the wind howled and whisked away my hair, I softly chuckled, letting my mind go off to that very day at the clearing.

I admired her during our academy days, then shortly forgot about her once my Uchiha responsibilities kicked in...and she...did anything about me pull her?

Was it my mysterious vibe that I gave around?

At once, the moths started covering up the entirety of Jugo's body. Instead of firing questions, I simply let the scene unfold before me.

And it sure was such a show...

The moths suddenly generated some kind of aura as Jugo tried to shake them off. In short, Jugo's dissatisfaction continued on as he stared yelling out in...pain?

"Don't tell me..."

I observed the scene intently with my Sharingan, and once I caught on, I only wondered how'd she learn to do this.

Moths are generally known for consuming through fabric material. But of course, like Hanabi's butterflies, her moths had to have something unique as well.

That'd be feeding off of the opponent's chakra in this case.

"I am astonished", I said it out loud.

"Mastering this wasn't an easy task, but it payed off eventually"

"I see"

Jugo had fallen down on the ground as we hopped off of the thick concrete banister. He began squirming under the touch of the deadly moths and recoiled back and forth.

I let go of Hanabi's wrist, immediately missing the warmth once the cold breeze engulfed my empty embrace.

There'll be plenty of time for that...

My lips parted ajar when Jugo's build figure suddenly shrank. His dark skin descended back, revealing a somewhat tanned young man with orange hair.

"What is this?", I heard Hanabi gasp under her breath.

"The moths must've reversed the impact of the curse mark after consuming his chakra...", I attempted to elaborate just as I was in shock as well.

___________________________________

A/N:- So heya everyone, Happy Valentine's Day❤️❤️hopefully y'all had fun with your significant other. This chapter was shorter than usual cause I was busy spending  my Valentine's Day with Math who's still hung up on his x and I really don't know y✨✨so ehm my apologies✨✨

Who'd you spend Feb. 14 with?

I know I'm probably spending tomorrow with Math as well. I'll be Scooby doing, solving the mysteries of his X✨✨

Also, why do I feel like math would be a guy if it was a person? Mhm weird...

~A