Chapter 89, Final Leap

"But-"

"Itachi, we've already wasted enough time", Iwashi asserts as the rest of us try to comprehend what Raido had just said, "any further delay would be to our disadvantage", he reasoned.

The Final Four simply exchanged glances within each other. The atmosphere was tense and the night was yet too long. Hana and Shisui remained calm and composed. It seemed like I was the odd man out here.

"Listen Itachi, we weren't appointed as Lord Fourth's body guards for no reason", Genma remarks with a know it all smirk.

I simply stare back in response, my brows creasing at them. They're right...we have to make a quick choice here.

"Remember what you promised Lord Fugaku, Itachi", Shisui says, making my eyes flow towards him.

It would've taken me more time to contemplate and toss and turn my thoughts back and forth if it weren't for the flock of crows, which caught our attention.

"They're back!", Raido proclaims, staring over at Shisui and I.

I hold my breath tight as I sense the lurking figures in the shadows. Shisui and I let what the crows said sink in as the rest of the team looks at us in total anticipation.

"Up ahead!", I say, to which Shisui resumes, "the hideout is up ahead!".

Raido takes in a deep breath and glares over at Genma and Iwashi, barking, "Now!"

Genma and Iwashi nodded in return as the trio abruptly somersaulted in the air, before safely landing on the unknown grounds.

Meanwhile, we caught up to Hana, who seemed to be on her nerves from the entire migraine of the situation.

"Hey", Shisui whispered.

"I'm fine", Hana whispered back, releasing a deep breath.

"A fight will commence soon", Tenzo chirped in, earning our attention, "don't exhaust your chakra meaninglessly, the enemy is not an easy one"

"Yeah, we figured", Hana sighed, earning a small groan from one of the hounds.

"Let's be discreet", Shisui said, a bead of sweat rolling down his face.

Uneasy, I discreetly sent several crows behind, where I asked them to monitor what's happening back there.

I breathed out an exasperated sigh as I impatiently waited for any response. The hideout is up ahead, I have to mentally and physically prepare myself for what is yet to come. Unwillingly, I swallowed down all my fears and doubts then caught up to the lead.

"Tenzo...", I suddenly trailed off as I took a moment to register what I'd just learned from the dispatch flock of crows.

"What is it?", he asks, earning Shisui and Hana's attention.

"They were four...", I trail off, giving him a glimpse of my wide eyes.

"So one of them is after us?", he inquired, to which I simply nod as I let Shisui and Hana in on this information as well.

"It's like Raido said..."

"No"

"Any further delay could only mean more possible harm to Naruto and Sasuke and we can't afford that", Hana interjects, catching us by surprise.

"Itachi, listen carefully. Like yourself I too have a kid brother about Sasuke and Naruto's age, believe me when I say that you don't have to feel guilty for wanting get to their rescue fast", she says.

"H-Hana..."

"Shisui, darling, I love you till the ends of the world", she confesses, making my heart wretch at this.