Chapter 11, Resurrected Hopes

Itachi's P.O.V

"He-he wanted your eyes?!", Hanabi and I blurt out in unison, pure shock evident on our faces as Shisui sits still.

"Yes", Shisui nods and fixes his gaze elsewhere as he further explains, " Danzo wants to have a Sharingan so bad, he doesn't care about the consequences or who gets hurt in the process".

"So he tailed you using his Anbu subordinates?", I inquire, unable to believe how this man's mind works. Shisui gave a curt nod as he began to deeply brood about everything.

"I've always felt uncomfortable whenever he's around", Hanabi remarks, pulling her knees to her chest and hugging them. She rests her jaw on her knee cap and proceeds to ask, "What is the real problem here? Why is Danzo always on the move? Why does he always appear to be planning something?".

"Hanabi", Shisui spoke, his expression was pretty serious as he asserts the following:

"Now that you've been spotted with Itachi and me, Danzo will not get off your case easily. You saved me from him, which is all the more reason he has to come after you. So unless we put our heads together, there's no telling of what could happen".

Shisui looks up to examine our faces, his eyes moving back and forth. I assumed that he was having an instinct when he began to observe the surroundings of our current location.

"This place..", his eyes travel to the trees and bushes as he inspects them intently, "what if they're tailing us right now? We don't know for sure if this place is far enough from the battle site".

Hanabi and I immediately tense up as we begin to look for any trace of Anbu Black Ops from The Foundation.

"Wait", Hanabi calls out as she unfolded her arms and knees and sat up straight. Shisui halts in his tracks, looking over his shoulder. Hanabi then positioned two fingers on the ground and closed her eyes. Shisui and I exchanged a glance, wondering what she was doing.

My brows raised in comprehension and I inquired, "You're a Sensory-Type Ninja?"

Shisui glanced at Hanabi again demanding, "Is that true?"

Hanabi's eyelashes flared as she opened her eyes and affirmed, "We've been over this already. You already know that the Fourth passed his teachings onto me".

I take a moment to register this. When did Minato Namikaze have the time to train her? On top of all that, why isn't she more recognized as an exceptional shinobi?

"I sense no chakra around this place except our own", she informs, earning a deep sigh of relief from Shisui.

"Well I guess we'll talk it out now that we're all alone", Shisui declares and sits on the ground. He glances over at me and proposes, "Itachi, let's not keep Hanabi in the dark".

I take a moment to brood about this when Hanabi's voice cut through my thoughts, rendering me confused.

"Itachi, I risked everything trusting you. If Danzo is going to track us from here on out we'll have to work together and figure something out".

"And so I'm telling you", her eyes meet with Shisui's as she carries on, "If we refuse to work as one, then someone might get hurt".

I slightly shiver at her truthful words.

"Itachi", she calls out my name, and I feel this alien sensation whenever she does that.

"Today, you needed me to help you save Shisui. Who knows what'll happen tomorrow? What if I'm in dire need of help? And then I look around to find no one in sight?", she emphasizes, earning a shocked expression from me when she handed out the archive file.