Chapter 35, Till My Blood Starts To Rain

Hanabi's P.O.V

What happened?

My eyes were barely open, the entirety of my body was paralyzed. The first thing that came into view were my slightly wiggling fingertips, then the white butterflies that frantically floated around me.

What's going on?

I'm lying on the bridge where I trained Sasuke. Then Itachi came, then...

Itachi...

That's right! He hit a pressure point, rendering me unconscious.

I began breathing through my parted mouth slowly. Involuntary, I managed to part open my eyes and analyze my current view. My left arm has been extended out, resting on the wooden bridge. Butterflies had dispersed all around me. I look down at my body and my eyes had widened.

The white butterflies had took landing on different parts of my limbs. That wasn't anything new, however, they were glowing with a blue hue. That's when I realized what they're trying to do.

They're pouring their own chakra into my paralyzed body to reverse the impact of Itachi's hit. My eyes grew tear stained as I enforced movement upon my body. Nothing, but pain cascaded, which left me shrieking.

"Stay down"

A stern voice whispered into my ear, making me curse under my breath. I felt the surging chakra segregate throughout different parts of my body. Eventually, my body would siphon enough chakra that'll allow me to prop my head perfectly.

I stared down at these creatures of nature. Why stay around me my whole life and reveal yourselves now? Nevertheless, they are of help in this dire situation. Itachi's blow had disrupted my chakra flow which resulted in my immobility at the moment.

I roll back on my back and stare up at the sky. If I'm going to stop Itachi from doing what Danzo wants, then I might as well be at full strength. So I obliged and stayed down for my own sake. Currently, I wanted nothing more than to itch the spot on my forehead where the wind constantly uses my bangs as tickling feathers.

"The Hokage and Danzo are heading to the Uchiha district as means of proposing a final negotiation"

"What?!", I almost yell, then winced at the surging pain, "they are!?".

"Yes"

Danzo too? This can turn the other way around real quick...

A breeze passed by me, barely touching my bangs. I fell silent for a moment then I remained in a calm state as I let the butterflies help me recover. For the meantime, I focused on the starry night.

If what I've executed on spur of moment ends up being successful, then I might be able to prevent this calamity. Abruptly, my eyes wandered around endlessly when I felt like my legs have wiggled a bit. I began staring at the butterflies in awe.

What is the secret behind them?

They've been with me almost always and yet I am unable to wrap my head around the mystery behind them.

Deliberately, I take it easy and position my hands on the surface of the wood beneath me and brace myself for what's next. Inhaling in a deep breath, I pushed myself off of the bridge's surface.

Instantaneously, the surge of stamina was immediately dispersed in my body. Not only did the butterflies reverse the disrupted chakra network, but they made sure to give me more chakra than I already had.

"Thank you", I managed, still at loss of words.

"Save it for later"

"Right..."