Chapter 32, He's Lying

Hanabi's P.O.V

"Alright! Hanabi, Itachi, listen up!", Shisui clasps his hands together. Itachi and I give him all ears and we brace our selves for what was to come.

"I call this Formation A: The Three Spots of Flames", Shisui observed our countenances carefully, "it's a defensive technique. We'll use it to counter any mutual attack or to shield someone".

I made sure to listen intently to what he's saying all the while fidgeting with my kunai.

"So here's how it goes: Just like how a stable Sharingan has three spinning dots, we'll assemble in a same manner. The point of this Technique is to fend off any attack or create a decoy if we ever need to elude", Shisui elaborates, his voice laced with seriousness.

"Now", he says, darting glances between us, "step back", he orders and we comply immediately.

"What now?", Itachi asks.

Shisui grins and looks up at us, "We face out, run in a continuous circle, and release the Fireball Jutsu".

Itachi and I exchange a glance, "what?"

"Yeah", Shisui simply says, "it's that simple".

"That sounds smart", I say, and tuck a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Yeah", Itachi remarks giving off one of his rare grins.

"Shall we proceed?", Shisui inquires.

Itachi and I exchange one last glance then nod at him.

Simultaneously, the three of us begin running around in a perfectly formed circle.

It seemed like I've gotten a little too excited, since I sped up a little and bumped into Itachi's back. I'd bumped my forehead in his nape and Shisui had halted in his tracks.

"Ow", I muttered, and scrunched my eyes as I gripped my forehead.

"You ok?", Itachi turns and looks down at me.

"Yeah", I assure, grinning a little, "it's just the Namikaze genes", I managed a faint grin, earning a smirk from Itachi.

But damn, I am currently seeing his dark eyes from up close. He stared back at mine in response as well.

It was such a curt moment, but his eyes were sparkling as they stared back at mine. The wind blew away our hair and I pretended to massage my forehead to conceal my blushing cheeks.

Don't look at me like that..

"Okey, let's proceed, Hanabi, slow down a bit and pick up our pace", Shisui declared, his hands on his hips.

Itachi and I immediately lean out in haste when we finally realized that Shisui...ehm..was present at the moment. From the corner of my eyes I saw his red tinted cheeks.

I managed to nod as I rubbed my forehead awkwardly.

"Okey, now that we're all set", Shisui says, adjusting his headband, "Go!"

I prepare myself for another round of speed running, and inhale a deep breath.

Again, our trio begins to run simultaneously, this time I made sure to keep up my pace with them. Being a Namikaze, I have inherited natural speed, which is five times faster than the average person.

My vision fades into a blurry picture as we kept adding on more speed.

I concentrated my chakra at a single point in my chest when Shisui had bellowed, "Now!"

Instinctively, we turn our faces away from the interior of the circle we created and prepared for what was coming next.

This was it, I had to get it right...