Chapter 70, Tenchi Bridge

"When is he going to show up?", I ask impatiently, gritting my teeth together from anticipation.

"Calm down Hanabi, it's only been less than half an hour".

"Exactly, too damn long", I let my nose crinkle in disgust, "I'll never forgive you", I mutter under my breath.

Danzo Shimura, you're the reason my parents are dead. You're the reason Itachi tore himself apart. You're the reason I'm such an enigma and this time, vengeance is mine.

"Zetzu", I growl, my nerves getting racked, "you said Danzo is going to meet up with Orochimaru today at the Tenchi Bridge".

"That's right", Madara chirps in, making me go rigid, "Danzo wants to repay Orochimaru for helping him steal your eyes".

"What's the exchange?", I inquire, biting down on my lower lip.

"A new vessel", he replies, making me jerk up suddenly.

"A new vessel?", I mutter, not liking how it sounds.

"Yeah, he's going to propose some potential candidates to be his new vessel".

Internally, alarms suddenly went off in my head when Madara announced the 'potential candidates'.

"Sasuke Uchiha...Naruto Uzumaki..."

Danzo you freaking cheap underling.

All I did up until now was to protect Naruto. When I learned of the Akatsuki's obsession with the Jinchuriki I made sure to watch out for Naruto. Whatever I do I'll never be able to repay Minato and Kushina for the memories they gave me.

The least I can do for Minato and Kushina's sake is to make sure no harm goes to Naruto's way. Involuntarily, I'd clenched my fist, digging my nails in my palms.

Calm down...

Hiruzen freaking Sarutobi, he better not let me or Minato down this time. I went out of my way and injured Shisui severely only to get my point across. If  Hiruzen fails me again, then I might just snap.

This man...if all this is for the Hidden Leaf's sake then why does he not care about those who inhabit it?

"Hanabi", my head tilts in Madara's direction as I lost myself in my thoughts.

"What?"

"You know that both Orochimaru and Danzo are dangerous, so stay on alert. We'll engage in a fight regardless, so abide by the plan".

"Understood", I reply, making sure to keep my breath steady.

Today, I'll get my eyes back, I'll make sure Danzo writhes. I can't believe I'll get to see again after four years of being in total darkness.

This man is sick in the head if he thinks that all he's done up to this point is in the Leaf's favor.

As we kept hiding in the nearby woods, waiting for the two notorious criminals, I couldn't help the thought that crossed my mind.

How is Itachi doing?

Itachi...

The butterflies would tell me of his stories, of how he'd always kneel at my gravestone. He'd stay there for sometime, before he leaves. I might've gone through hell and back, but so has Itachi.

I hate how things have turned out. I hate that when everything was going so fine and convenient after preventing the coup, this had to happen. I'm unsure of how he feels about me now. I'd be lying to myself if I didn't say that I, that I...miss him.