Chapter 52, Sparks of Disappointment

"Hana Inuzuka?!", Izumi and I blurt out, our jaws dropping as the four of us sat in the gazebo. Hana's two dogs were sending us glares for intruding on Shisui and her. It was getting cold and Izumi and I were drenched from head to toe. As if the stormy weather wasn't enough already.

The long strands of my hair dripped with water and my clothes were well...soaked. Izumi and I shivered from the cold howling wind as we scooted closer next to each other. Shisui was staring at us with a smirk, suggesting that we deserved what happened  to us. Hana's eye was twitching as she stared at Izumi and I with dismay.

"So what brings you here?", Hana asks, clenching her jaw as she folds her arms over her chest. Shisui inched closer to her, his tousled hair falling over his face. He wraps an arm around her shoulder and says, "Hana, darling, calm down".

I arch a suggestive brow and exchange a quick glance with Izumi. Eventually, Izumi and I couldn't hold back our laughter as we witnessed the scene before us.

Shisui couldn't help the tint of blush that stained his cheeks as Hana send us death glares.

"What's so funny?!", she demands, as she was about to lunge forward towards us, which put Izumi and I on alert.

"Hana, darling calm down", Shisui's hand snaked to her waist, holding her back from attacking us.

"Yes, Hana, darling calm down", Izumi teased, stressing on the darling part, earning a snort of laughter from me. My shoulders were shaking uncontrollably as I laughed at the scene before me.

Hana stopped trying to attack us when Shisui leaned forward, tightened his grip on her waist, pulled her closer and whispered something inaudible in her ear, making her blush. Hana instantly chuckled and buried her face in the crook of his neck to hide the red tint that appeared on her cheeks.

Shisui simply smirked when Hana smiled against his neck. He rested his cheek on the top of her head and they remained like this until I loudly cleared my throat.

"Shut up Itachi", Hana groaned in annoyance, earning a soft chuckle from Shisui.

Izumi smirked and remarked, "well I guess it's not only the girls whose hearts will be broken".

"Tell me something I don't know", Shisui chuckled, lowering his head to tickle the tip of Hana's nose with his own. Hana chuckled softly before leaning away from Shisui's embrace, and engulfing one of her dogs in a hug.

"Ah don't worry I still love the two of you too", Hana snuggled beside her dog, hugging it tighter.

"I'm sorry", Shisui directed his speech at the other dog, "there's not enough love for the three of us here", he smiled.

As if it understood, the dog jumped beside Hana and somewhat growled at Shisui. Shisui simply laughed and brushed it off.

"Dont you usually have like three dogs?", I inquire when I notice the missing hound.

"Uh he's sick so he's being taken care of", she shrugs off.

"Well Hana, Shisui, do we even get an explanation as to how this profound love happened between the two of you?", Izumi arched a brow suggestively.

Hana darted her eyes to Izumi and sternly replied, "No", she stressed on the single syllable, making Izumi pout her lips.

Shisui then darts his eyes to the two of us and inquired, "what brings the two of you here?".

"Well..um..for starters", Izumi stammered before I cut her off by saying, "Izumi's 'S-rank mission'", I shrug off, rendering the two lovebirds confused.