Chapter 63, Desperate Prayers

I broadened my shoulders as much as I could and took off my long cape. Taking in a deep breath, I rapidly swung the limbing bodies of Kakashi and Shisui over both of my shoulders and braced myself for the hardest part.

Shisui's blood was gradually drenching my clothes. He seemed almost knocked out from all the impact he sustained from Hanabi's grave attack.

She really was going at him with the intent to kill...

But as of now, I couldn't let my emotions take over. No, I had to regain myself from the shock and focus on saving my comrades.

The smokescreen I created had formed a flawless decoy as I ordered the crows to wreck more havoc. I struggled to get up from all the weight that stood on my shoulders and forced my legs to run as fast as they could.

This is hard as it is, but I have to keep up. If I fall as well then there's no telling what would happen to us. Thankfully, I could still feel Shisui's pulse and flowing chakra network. He does seem knocked out though, which tightened my chest.

Fortunately, my figure had also changed in the past four years, not strong like Shisui's, but strong enough to sustain this weight up to a certain point.

They could find us any minute now...

My legs were heavy and I was panting quickly. To my dismay, it had began raining again, which wasn't good at all since it might cause Shisui to get a fever. There was no telling in what to do, or where I could go. All that my mind concentrated on at the moment was getting my comrades to safety.

While Kakashi did overdo things with the Mangekyō Sharingan, I knew for a fact that he'd be fine. He's not an Uchiha, which is why his over usage of the Sharingan replenished his chakra.

What was worrying me as I ran through The Hidden Rain, was Shisui. His abject wounds are bad as it is and it isn't helping that he's not getting proper treatment right away.

All in all, I knew for a fact that if I fall as well then we are what they call screwed.

I can't afford to think negatively right now, but I also can't get my hopes up. I forced my mind to stop thinking about what'll happen when the Hokage knows of what happened.

The Red Butterfly Technique...it really is gruesome, and powerful...

The rain only thickened and hair strands fell over my eyes. I couldn't even afford to push them aside, since my hands were so occupied at the moment.

I clenched my jaw tightly as I ran between the endless towers of the Hidden Rain. The village seemed almost empty, which I take as it was an order from Pain.

It was cold and stormy, I bit hard on my lower lip to stop it from quivering due to the weather. Is was not helping that Shisui's blood was leaving a trail behind, which would get stirred with the rain, but still visible.

I panted loudly as the weight of Kakashi and Shisui combined brought me down. It was exhausting me physically and mentally, yet I refused to give up, not even when my knees felt weakened from all the pressure. Not even when my racing heart beat loudly as if it's gonna fly out of my chest.

There was no way that I'd let Kakashi and Shisui die, not on my watch. My mind can't accept it, I can't let more dear people to me die.

These two grown men sure weigh a lot, while I'm just a dejected teen who's struggling to keep them alive.

"You're gonna make it", I hiss to myself to raise up my spirits a bit.

"I-Itachi..."

"Kakashi?", I rasp, when I hear his voice emanate from behind me.