Chapter 100, Have You Forgotten The Crimson Clouds?

The entire terrain held its breath as the wind whistled by. No one dared make a move as Kabuto's words pierced deep into our minds.

What would this mean all of a sudden?

I whip my head in Hanabi's direction where she stood rooted and stiff in her place. Her eyes had enlarged and remained unblinking as they sparkled with what appeared to be...emotion?

"I'd studied the report of the top-secret S-rank mission you were sent on to the Hidden Rain", Kabuto breaks the silence with his menacing tone that puts us on alert again.

Madara remains rooted to his place as well, staring at Hanabi with intensity.

"Apparently, the report was made by Kakashi himself. Where he mentioned Hanabi's deadly technique on Shisui, which he attempted to deflect using the prowess of his eye", Kabuto addresses, rendering my heart out of pulse as my mind tries to make deductions of its own.

"Kamui", he said, Kabuto adjusted his crooked circular glasses.

"After further digging, it became clear to me that the prowess of Kakashi's Mangekyō enables him to send particular objects, or even people to another dimension. Time-space, which is somewhat similar to the Teleportation Technique used by Hanabi".

Hanabi's face contours with horror as her mouth falls ajar. She doesn't dare to take her eyes off of Madara Uchiha as her lower lip quivers uncontrollably and her body starts to tremble even more as Kabuto speaks.

"At first, my theory didn't click well with the facts that were in front of me. But after further investigation, I turned out to be correct. Since Kakashi Hatake isn't an Uchiha by blood, he can't freely use the prowess of his left eye without draining himself from chakra".

"That is backed up by the evidence that he's still in the hospital from that S-rank mission. Which takes us back to the crimson clouds", Kabuto remarks, to which I echo, "Crimson clouds?".

"Yeah, the Crimson Clouds, or the period known as the Third Great Ninja War", Kabuto elaborates.

"Rin Nohara was kidnapped by the Blood Mist Village, where they turned her into the Three-Tails Jinchuriki. Later she was allowed to go free only for her to have a death wish on Kakashi's hands"

"What does that even insinuate?", I gasp as I keep my unblinking eyes on him. I have a good idea of where he's going with all of this, but I want to hear it coming from his mouth.

Kabuto simply gives off a side-smirk before informing, "If you still haven't managed to get the gist of it, then I'll gladly tell you"

I hold my breath as I keep my narrowed eyes on him intently. Hanabi tipped her head low and her arms fell limply on either side of her. She looks dead...

Hanabi's hands balls into fists and I could see a visible tear streaming down her face.

"Better yet, why shouldn't Hanabi tell us?", Kabuto remarks with the wicked grin on his face. I quickly whip my head over to Hanabi, where I was awaiting an answer.

Instead, what greeted me when I looked at her were her blood-stricken eyes and her clenched jaw.

"Hanabi..."

I croaked out her name as my stomach twisted upon the sudden epiphany. Hanabi seemed past my reach again. Her entire aura had changed instantly.

"Have you forgotten the Crimson Clouds?", Kabuto directs his speech at me, but I refuse to take my eyes off of Hanabi as my entire face softens up in concern when she began to whimper a cry.

"The Crimson Clouds, a period of time where it rained blood instead of raindrops. Where everyone was made to promise a return, which never happened. Where at least everyone lost a beloved", from the corner of my eye, I spot Kabuto darting his gaze to the masked man as he finally says the thing that'll make Hanabi snap, "isn't that right?", the melancholy in his voice intensifies the atmosphere as he finally spits it out,"Obito Uchiha?".