Chapter 68, That Very Revery

"Itachi wait", Kakashi's voice stopped me again, making me curse under my breath. I was barely holding up thanks to the exhaustion of the mission, "don't act out of haste, wait for Shisui and I to get better so we figure out a way", he sternly says as I feel his eyes burning holes in my back.

"I can't wait that long", I insert, waiting for what his response would be.

"Listen Itachi!", Kakashi's voice elevates, making me flinch a bit at his stern tone of voice.

"Now why would a girl, who was presumed to be dead for the past four years suddenly try to reach out? What other evidence do we have of her loyalty other than the cuts on Shisui's body? The higher ups might just think that we are trying to make excuses for Hanabi's actions, so if you can't answer these questions with solid evidence then you can't back up any claim".

I grit my teeth together and take a step back. He wasn't finished talking yet and I was willing to hear him out till the end. This is Hanabi we're talking about. The girl I tore myself over for the past four years.

I glance down at the scars on my wrist and breathe out.

This is not the time to get carried away with memories.

"I believe that Hanabi purposely gave us these coded messages and I believe that she's still loyal to us", Kakashi informs, rendering me quiet, "but you also have to consider the idea that Hanabi is somewhat resented by the higher ups. She never concealed the stigma she held towards them and would show it any chance she got. With that being said, if we end up making the wrong move then Hanabi might get labeled as a rogue ninja-".

"I know that", I cut him off, lowering my head as my mind sets itself on one thing. I glance over my shoulder and search for Hana's face, "if my family comes to visit me then tell them I left discreetly".

"Itachi..."

"Don't worry about me...", I say, before balling my fists and heading out.

"Itachi don't do anything reckless!", Kakashi calls out after me as I stray further away.

"Itachi have you forgotten what I've told you?!", Hana calls out, making me go rigid, "stop shouldering your burdens alone, we are all here for you and Hanabi!".

"Hana", I look over at her again and say, "I haven't forgotten about that, but this is something that I should've done".

I made sure to remember that as I walk through the hallway with heavy footsteps. They'd dressed me up in plain pajamas for my comfort, but as of now, things are only going to further complicate.

And I cannot be wearing hospital pajamas when that happens.

I discreetly make it past the hospital staff and patients and before I knew it, I'd exited the Leaf hospital.

Sasuke is probably at the Academy at this time of the day and I'm guessing that mother and father are headed here to check up on me. And though my body is still not functioning like it usually does, I still manage to make a painful run for it.

I was running barefoot in pajamas, which was somewhat ridiculous, but this is not the time to be ashamed of the fit I'm wearing.

My next destination was the Uchiha district of course and specifically, my house. I deduced that most of the men would be at Police Force, fulfilling their duty.

***

I cautiously slipped through everyone's sight and made to my house. The sight of it made me feel like I haven't been home in forever. The garden reminded of that time when Hanabi came over after rescuing Shisui.