Chapter 72, Vengeance Is Mine

"Zetzu what is Madara doing?", I ask a bit impatiently when I sense the two approaching chakras. There was a pit in my stomach, which a single butterfly tried to assure me that it'll be fine.

"He's waiting for the perfect opportunity to ensnare Orochimaru in his time-space", the Zetzu being replied, its voice making me feel uneasy.

When I'd asked the butterflies what Zetzu looked like, they advised me that I'm better off not knowing.

"Tell me what happens", I request, pursing my lips together as I adjust the bandage over my empty sockets.

"Understood, Hanabi", it replied.

I have waited for this day for as long as I can remember these past four years. Pain thinks that Danzo is the Jinchuriki of The Land of Fire, but that was lie of course. And I'm not sure how much more before he knows that it's not the truth.

In time, Pain and Madara will pursue the Jinchuriki around the Great Nations in order to execute this God Complex notion they have in mind.

Father, Mother, today I'll avenge you and retrieve what Danzo took from us. He separated us before we could even get sometime together.

Danzo Shimura, you will get punished for your crimes and that's a promise.

"I sense two chakras emanating in the direction of the bridge", I inform Zetzu, waiting for him to elaborate on what's happening.

"Yes, Danzo and Orochimaru are on the bridge", Zetzu responded, making me sigh in return.

"Get ready Hanabi, any time now", Zetzu said in a creepy tone, which made shiver.

I disregard any other sound or thought that disrupted my focus on getting this done.

"Hanabi, calm down"

I breathed out when I heard the butterfly whisper in my ear.

"I'm trying...", I muttered.

"You're not the same girl who fell off of that cliff four years ago, remember that. You're the Hybrid, The Spark and The Red Butterfly. We'll willingly taint our wings red for you again and again", it whispered back, earning a sly smile from me.

"Thanks", I mumbled.

I crouched down and pushed two fingers in the ground, where I sensed the two not so peculiar chakra.

I'll make you pay for this void that occupies my heart.

"Danzo and Orochimaru are on the bridge", Zetzu informs, to which I respond, "I know".

I let my breath loose and clench my jaw.

Orochimaru needs a new vessel, since his current one is getting old. If his target of a vessel is any of the Hidden Leaf's current Genin, then I'll be the one to break it to him.

He won't lay a finger on any of them, not as long as I exist.

"Zetzu what's happening?", I inquire, tilting my head in the direction where I sense its presence.

"I thought you knew", it cockily replied, but I remained composed regardless.

"Don't play around", I hiss through gritted teeth.

"Don't take it too personally, anyways, they are discussing about the vessel", it says as I stand straight up again.

"Hanabi!"

"I know", I stress through my clenched jaw.

"Damn you", I hiss under my breath.

Of course Danzo wouldn't dare go anywhere without his Root underlings.