Chapter 74, In The Name of Vengeance

The flaring flames were not only a decoy, but also an excellent offensive transgressor. I quickly conjured the Wind Blade Strike by weaving the hand signs rapidly. Once the wind chakra was floating around in my palm, I hurled the Strike through the flames directly to increase the offensive attack.

I made sure that the flaring flames of the Fireball Jutsu were massive enough so they couldn't foresee the Wind Blade Strike that'll pierce through. As usual, the flame laced Wind Strike was aimed directly at Danzo.

I knew too well that either Tourne or Fū will instantaneously jump to Danzo's defense. They are fiercely devoted and loyal to him even though all that Danzo ever did was treat them like his underlings.

Tourne wasn't a sensory type, so therefore, Fū Yamanaka ended up being the target of the flame laced Wind Blade Strike.

My offensive was too fast to deflect and Fū wasn't given enough time to counterattack my blow. All that the genius Yamanaka could do was to stand as a barrier between Danzo and his inevitable death.

Fū hastily jumped in front of Danzo instinctively as expected, falling victim for my attack. The flames of the Fireball Jutsu were clearing just as I pelted the broken kunai again.

The kunai was pelted past Danzo, where I rapidly teleported to, putting him on edge. My sensory skills warned me immediately about Tourne's presence as I grind my teeth together.

He was clearly trying to protect Danzo, but I didn't care. I did anticipate his intervention, which is why I didn't hold back from conjuring another Wind Blade Strike and throwing it in his direction.

The downside was that he lunging forward at me willingly. His chakra approaches me as I held my breath from anticipation.

He's willing to die for Danzo, which is why he wants to take me down with him.

If any of his nano-sized insects make contact with my body, then I'm done for.

I could sense his presence, but not his precise direction. I've already directed my butterflies away for their safety, which leaves me with a vague perception of what's happening.

Involuntarily, I concentrate Fire chakra at a single point in my chest and brace myself for releasing the flames again.

This time, I made sure to flare out the flailing flames all around as I became certain that the Wind Blade Strike finally seeped into his chest.

He was still trying to process the Blade Strike that'd hit him to point where he didn't get to deflect the flaring flames in time.

Abruptly, a scream of agony ringed in my ears as I began panting heavily from the attacks I conjured in under five minutes.

My nose suddenly scrunched up in disgust and I felt a bit nauseated when the gruesome stench of burnt flesh flared out in my nostrils.

Tourne was burning alive along his nano-sized insects. I defensively took a step back as I felt and heard the scene unfold.

Danzo wasn't even trying to help him out. I could faintly sense Fū's chakra network since it was descending into oblivion.

The stench of Tourne's burnt flesh along his painful cries and screams smothered my senses as I covered my mouth in disgust.

I guess I'm not completely used to doing this.

Tourne and Fū's chakra were deteriorating deliberately. The only remaining chakra that my sensory skills detected was Danzo's stable chakra.

In this moment, the only sound that kept echoing in the silence that drenched this place was Tourne's writhing in pain.

I began panting a bit as Tourne's screams made my stomach twist in terror. The ringing sound of Tourne's screams made the side of my head throb in pain.