Chapter 28, It Will Change You

Hanabi's P.O.V

I had managed to gain back my composure and wipe away the blood from my nose and mouth. The obstreperous bustle had unwillingly broke part with a string of murmurs and hushed whispers.

"Hanabi!", my head turned into Kakashi's direction as he rushed to my side, "are you ok?", his voice was marked with concern and I managed to give him a simple nod.

"Shisui", the cop growled, catching our attention when he rose up from the ground and asserted, "this won't go unnoticed, how dare you defy the Police Force for a criminal like her?", he demanded, his eyes glistening with rage.

I look over at Shisui, my heart racing fast. Naruto treaded towards me, tears in his eyes.

"T-thank you", he muttered, the sight of my darkening bruise made his eyes full of tears. I crouched down to his level and wiped away his tears with my trembling fingers.

"No need", I smiled, even though my heart wouldn't stop jumping out of its place, I still maintained a decent character in front of him.

The shop keeper I beat up earlier had regained his posture again and barked at the police, "I want to file a case right now!". I disregard him completely as I ruffled Naruto's spikey hair. He really did resemble Minato.

I sigh and stand back up, darting my gaze to Kakashi, I requested, "Please, take care of Naruto..."

Naruto's eyes broadened in confusion as he demanded, "How do you know my name?".

Naruto, you weren't supposed to hear that..

I turned to him with a faint smile and answered, "Cause you're going to become Hokage someday aren't you? So how am I not supposed to know your name?", I smiled as I looked straight into Minato and Kushina's eyes. Naruto's eyes spark with glossy tears, which he quickly conceals by giving me a heads up and saying, "I won't let you down! You best believe it!".

Kakashi had hesitantly nodded at my request, his face suggested that he was worried about me.

I dart my gaze to Shisui, who had a frown resting on his face as he glared at his Police Force members. Or better yet, members of his own clan..

Shisui had remained calm, the Police Force were darting him accusing looks as they stared between us.

I guess Shisui just wanted to repay me...

"What do you think you're doing Shisui?!", the cop barked at him like a raging bull. I proceeded to calm down my racing heart and trembling limbs somehow. Shisui lowered his head and glared back, "Police brutality is unacceptable. Instead of inspecting the scene and trying to comprehend what had happened here like a true cop, you lash out at a girl without a second thought?", he asserted, his voice carrying a warning tone to it.

Shisui stop...

"What a shame", Shisui growled, balling his fists.

The oxygen supply seemed to be cut off from me when Shisui took a swift grip on my forearm and lucidly declared, "You're going to the police station for further investigation", he said it like a cop would, sending shivers down my spine.

The cop that punched me earlier seemed to have swallowed his pride at Shisui's gesture and went to capture the shop keeper.

Shisui gestured for me to walk before him as he pinned both of my blood stained hands behind my back.

"I'm sorry...", he whispered.

"It's fine", I assured.

According to the Police Force, I've committed a serious crime. Apparently, I have assaulted that shop keeper. Which is true and I wouldn't deny it. He deserved it anyway.