Chapter 48, Along The Blurry Lines

Itachi's P.O.V

Shisui and I had our eyes glued to the Hokage, our mouths were parted as we registered what he'd just said. The silence became uneasy, my heart desired more elaboration about what I'd just heard. Pushing my so-called manners aside I slapped a hand on the table, earning everyone's attention.

"Who were Hanabi's parents?", I demanded, knowing that it'll bring Hanabi some closure if I tell her who her parents were.

"Itachi", my father's stern voice and stare made me sink back in my seat a little. I looked over at Shisui and we started eye-talking.

"Why did he never tell her who her parents were?", I asked.

"You think I'd have any idea?", he replied.

"Hayate Namikaze and Ichiko Uchiha", my head twirled in the Hokage's direction as he began to divulge.

Hayate Namikaze and Ichiko Uchiha...

Shisui and I looked at each other in recall.

"That explains it!", he exclaimed.

"Yeah pretty much", I replied.

The Hokage gave a sigh and began, "Hayate Namikaze and Ichiko Uchiha were two formidable shinobi from our village. They fought bravely in the Third Great Ninja War. Their formidable strength and strategic thinking pushed the Tsuchikage into issuing a truce between our villages".

"Their death was really tragic..", Lord Hokage muttered to himself.

"How did they die?", I ask, to which my father gives me a stern glare.

"Itachi", he hissed, making me bite back my tongue.

Witnessing my predicament, Shisui stepped up and asked, "Lord Hokage, Lord Fugaku, we'd like to know about two of the Hidden Leaf's most talented shinobi. So if you wouldn't mind to elaborate, it might help us with our current predicament".

Everyone's eyes fell on Shisui, including my own.

"Thanks"

"Don't mention it"

Father sighed and almost hesitated wether he wanted to say anything. Lord Hokage on the other hand, looked ahead and informed, "Hayate was a skilled shinobi and one of the very few members of the Namikaze clan along Minato".

My mind took a moment to process this new information. I've vaguely heard of someone called Hayate Namikaze...

"Ichiko was the outstanding Kunoichi from the prestigious Uchiha clan. She was a direct relative to one of my long gone comrades, the noble Kagami Uchiha".

"Kagami Uchiha?", Shisui almost gasped, which was understandable since he's a descendant of Kagami Uchiha, so it was only natural that he'd be interested.

"Yes", Lord Hokage asserted, "Ichiko Uchiha possessed that very visual prowess that enabled Madara Uchiha to control the Nine-Tails".

I stared over at Shisui.

"Mangeykō?"

"Yeah"

So far, there are only four people I know of who unlocked the Mangeykō Sharingan. My father, Shisui, Madara and I.

If word gets out that my father possess the Mangekyō Sharingan then he might be held responsible for the Nine-Tail's attack despite Madara's confession.

"And how did they die exactly?", Shisui pressed further, but unlike me there's no one around who dared to shut him up and teach him manners. And so father lowered his head and answered instead of Lord Hokage.