Chapter 9 - A Mystery?

Third person POV

Sofia decided to visit Hugo in Albuquerque to see how he's doing. They hung out outside in the garden. When they were out in the garden, Sofia started to zone out. That she didn't even hear what Hugo was talking about.

Hugo's POV

I noticed Sofia was staring at nothing while I was talking to her.

I tapped her knee and asked in concern, "Sof you okay?"

She jumped a bit and replied quickly, "Huh?" "Yep I'm okay just thinking I guess."

I scooted closer to her and put my arm around her, "Whatcha thinking about baby?"

She replied quickly and then paused, blushing, "Well I was thinking about our first date an-." "Wait what you call me?"

I smirked as I kissed her cheek lightly, "I called you baby." "You're my girlfriend and my princess aren't you not?"

She blushed and smiled shyly, "Yes I am but I was thinking about our first date because we never did find out for ourselves WHO did it to us."

I thought for a moment before saying, "It was a bit weird when that bullet hit the wheel."

I paused and stuttered as I cupped her face, "I-I don't want the same thing to you." "I don't want it to happen again because I would never forgive myself if something happened to you because for me again."

She gently held my hand and smiled softly, "I'm fine as long as you're by my side." "We're stronger together." "But I do want to find out who did do that to us Hugo."

I nodded as I gently held her hand, "Yeah but you know maybe it's best we leave it as a mystery for now."

She sighed as she stood up, "Okay for now."

I stood up and walked her to her carriage, "Okay but I will definitely think about it if it will make you feel a bit better."

She nodded quietly before giving a small peck on my cheek.

I waved and thought about it as I had dinner, homework etc. I guess I never really thought about it that way. I went to sleep, having that on my mind.

Sofia's POV

I went home and I thought about what I said back at Albuquerque.

What if me and Hugo aren't stronger together? What if we're more vulnerable together as spies than as we are as people?

I just wish life was easy sometimes but it never is. I go to sleep so I can be ready for more missions or assignments and be ready for when me and my family go visit Albuquerque in a few days.