Chapter 44 - A threat and a promise

Sofia's POV

I realised what he meant when kept on smirking evilly at Hugo's recovery room.

I stood up in shook, "Hell no!" "You have no right to hurt them, they did nothing wrong."

He said as he gently brushed out my hair, "Sorry sweetness but I got to what I gotta do to."

I yelled furiously at him, "No!" "You have no right to me nor should you care about me anymore because you should have moved on by now."

He kissed me softly on the lips, leaving me stunned, "Sweetheart this isn't just a threat nor it's a promise dear it's both."

I stood back and looked back at Hugo as Michael walked up to me as he whispered in my ear, "Make the right choice Sofia you know if you want to protect Hugo and everyone who love." "Then make the right decision."

I stated as I continued to look back on Hugo, "I-I can't break up with him." "He cares about me so much." "And I-I-." I was silenced by Michael's finger on my lips.

He smirked as he kissed me again, "Make the right choice." "Break up with him and be with me and no one gets hurt well for now."

I was stunned again as I slid down a wall with tears in streaming down my cheek, "I... I...."

I looked at Hugo once more and realised this was the position he was in few months ago when I was mad at him. Karma I guess.

I said as I stood up, "Fine I'll break up with him and be with you." "Happy now?"

He smirked as he disappeared. I put on a brave face on before going back to Hugo. I didn't want to see him hurt or to hurt him. But the only way I can hurt him without physically hurting him is to break up with him. Great (!) instead of hurting him physically, I'm hurting him emotionally. Great job (!) me!