Chapter 45 - The Breakup

Hugo's POV

I was talking with my family when we heard Sofia come in. She looked at me and ran to me, she started crying as she hugged me tightly.

I heard Axel said with a smirk, "Okay I think we should leave these two have some privacy and let them talk."

I smiled at him as he nodded in response also with a smile. Then I looked at Sofia in concern.

I gently put the hair out of her face as she looked down as I said softly, "Hey what's wrong?"

She looked at me as she rested her head on my shoulder. She didn't say anything.

I repeated in more concern, "Sofia what's wrong?" "Please tell me what's wrong?"

She sobbed quietly in my chest, "I-I d-don't k-know h-how I-I'm g-going t-to t-this."

She stuttered nervously, I noted.

She gave me a fake smile as she stayed in my chest, "Hugo I think we should break up."

I asked confused as I trying to process what she just said, "What?" "What are you saying?" "Please tell me you're joking?" "Can you say that again because I didn't hear clearly the first time?"

She looked me in the eyes with her hypnotising blue jewel eyes.

She said in more firm, serious tone as she continued to look me straight into the eyes, "I think we should break up."

I stuttered as I held her hands tighter as if she was about to disappear, "S-sofia please tell me you're joking." "Look me in the eyes and say you're joking."

She looked deeply into my eyes as she put her hand on one of my cheeks and her forehead on mine, "I'm not joking Hugo."

I started crying as I held her hand tightly, "Sofia please we love each other."

She sighed as she gave me a broken smile, "I know we do Hugo but what and why I'm doing this is to protect you and your family."

I didn't understand as she slipped her hands away from mine, "Sofia please." "I love you so much please." "We can work through this together."

She shook her head firmly as she headed to the door of my recovery room, "Hugo it's for the best." "For us I hope you understand."

I stuttered as I tried to convince her or understand her at the least, "S-Sofia please."

She did one last thing before leaving me. She ran up to me and hugged me tightly after she did so. She kissed me passionately. But there was sadness in the kiss. It was the most best,worst,bittersweet kiss I ever had. I loved every second of that kiss until she pulled away from me. I felt like I lost a piece of me and it was Sofia. After she left the room, I just cried my eyes out. It was a piece of me I didn't know I was capable of losing. I went home after I was discharged from the hospital.

Sofia's POV

I went Michael who came out of nowhere. And he put a computer chip on me.

I screamed in pain, "Aaah."

After that, blackout.

Michael's POV

I got the chip on Sofia successfully. It was stronger than Cassandra's computer chip.

I put it in her neck. It was a success. Hehe Hugo won't see it coming. It does the same thing as Cassandra's computer chip. But better.