Chapter 40 - Hospital visit

Hugo's POV

I was in a room? I think a hospital bed. I heard a familiar voice.

I heard a female voice saying, "Mum I want to be there when he wakes up for his surgery."

Her mum said in concern, "I know honey but you look tired and it's been two days since what happened to you two."

The female voice said with plead, "I know but can I stay please?"

Her mum sighed, "Okay I'll get a bed ready for you."

Who was it? Sof? Queen Miranda?

Sofia's POV

My mum got a bed ready for me. I thanked her before she left.

My mum got my bed close to Hugo's bed. After I got changed. I held one of Hugo's hands, "Hugo I love you so much." "I love you." "Wake up please."

I looked at Hugo as still held onto his hand. Right now he's unconscious still from the surgery. Or at least I thought he was resting or unconscious.

I fall asleep carefully watching Hugo as if he was going to wake up at any second, any minute, any hour. He could wake up and I couldn't sleep because of it.

If I was going to lose sleep to see Hugo awake from his unconsciousness. I had to be awake myself.

So I got some coffee and I whispered to myself as I brushed his hair out of his face, "Hugo please don't leave me." "I don't know if you can hear me but I do." "I love you so so much." "As much as you want to protect me and want me to be safe but I want to protect you and have you safe as well as much as you do."

I lightly kissed his hand and rubbed his hand to feel his soft touch. I brushed my hand against his soft lips. I didn't want him to be you know what. Because I'll miss his eyes, his touch, his soft lips. Everything being in his arms I felt... safe.

Whether I was spy or a princess. Everything he said to me of course I was a spy and I can protect myself but he made feel a different feeling every time I was in his arms. I felt like I was on clouds. As if he was the only person who understand me and my life and as if he promised me with his life no matter what happens to us. I'll stay by his side no matter what. Just like he did.