Chapter 12 - Finding Clues

2 days later

Hugo's POV

Me and Sofia planned to meet in the village to find some clues to our investigation.

Me and Sofia did it during night so we wouldn't get distracted or disturbed.

We silently ran on the rooftops of the houses.

We looked at a certain rooftop near a tree until we found something.

Sofia's POV

We found a gun and a black ski mask.

I whispered softly as I got gloves to get the gun so the finger prints could stay, "Hugo we found a gun and ski mask that's a start."

I put the gun in a bag so we could scan the gun for finger prints.

When I touched the black ski mask, I saw some magic dust on it.

I started to feel faint, I almost fell until I felt strong arms around me. I looked up and saw Hugo.

He asked in concern voice as he still had his arms around me, "You okay?"

I nodded my head meekly and smiled softly, "Yeah it's just when I held the ski mask, I saw the some magic dust on it then I started to feel faint."

He said as he still held onto to me, still not convinced, "Mm okay but maybe we should pause the investigation." "We should take a break." "But if you want to continue this investigation then I'm with you all the way Sof."

I smiled as I squeezed his hand, "Hugo all we need to do is to this gun and ski mask to our dads." "And scan the gun and ski mask and we'll find out who it did."

He nodded quietly and kissed my cheek, "Okay let's go." "And give this to our dads so they can scan it."

Third person POV

Sofia and Hugo both went back to Enchancia and they went to the living room where their dads were. Sofia asked, "Dad can you and King Garrick scan these items we found for our investigation?" Dad replied with a reassuredly smile, "Of course Sofia but you will have to wait for the results from the scan." Hugo and Sofia replied with a smile, "Okay." King Garrick said, "Okay champ let's go back home now." Hugo replied as he kissed Sofia's cheek, "Okay Dad." "See you tomorrow Sof." Sofia smiled, "Bye Hugo, see you tomorrow." Hugo and Sofia went to bed early to get a get more information on their investigation.