Chapter 21 - New Mission

Third person POV

Sofia and Hugo finally cracked their investigation, not literally. But they finally cracked their case! They thought they could finally relax until they forgot they still had missions to do. And finish. Hopefully the next missions they get will be as much as exciting as their investigation was.

Sofia's POV

I was walking into King Garrick's office to see what our new mission was.

I saw Dad and King Garrick talking so I sat down next to Hugo and we spoke for a while before our dads came up to us with information about our mission.

I asked as I went through the papers, "So what's our next mission?"

Dad answered as he held the paper in his hand, "Well let's just say you know Cassandra and Michael?" "It's to do with them and her parents."

Me and Hugo froze for a second before nodding.

I asked as I still went through the papers, "So what's our mission got to do to with Cassandra and Michael?"

Garrick answered as he sat down, "Well Sofia, champ, we heard that they might have some bombs or dynamite on their very expensive yacht." "And we need you Sofia to go undercover and convince them that you're on their side and stop them from activating those deathly weapons." "You need to convince both of them." "And get more information about it." "As soon as they trust you."

Hugo, on the other hand, was confused with this because what part did he play in this mission.

He asked confused, "Dad?" "Where do you come in on this mission?"

Garrick chuckled, "Son, champ, my boy, you going to close to Sofia because you are going to help deactivate the weapons."

We nodded and left his office. We had dinner and got ready for bed.

Hugo's POV

As I get ready for bed, I noticed Sofia was lost in thought.

I kissed her cheek to bring her back from her own little world.

I asked in concern as I get the blankets, "Sofia what's on your mind?"

She replied flatly, "Oh nothing."

I pulled her closer and said with a calming smile, "Liar." "Sof you're playing with your hair, you're lost in thought and you're biting your bottom lip."

Gesturing to her facial expression right now.

I said in a soft voice as we both laid down on the bed, "You know you can tell me anything."

She sighed not looking at me but looked at the ceiling, "I'm thinking what's Cassandra's and Michael's real plan."

I asked as I stare at her,"What do you mean?"

She let out another sigh and said, "Like why didn't they say they were working together with her parents?" "And at least explain to us how they met?" "I don't know I'm probably overthinking this."

I held her close and said sleepily, "You're overthinking this Sof." "I have a bad feeling about them too." "We'll figure it out in the morning when you convince Michael and Cassandra that you're on their side."

I looked up and saw Sofia sleeping, I gave a light kiss on her cheek and fell asleep.

Cassandra's POV

I squealed happily as I sat down next Michael with hot chocolate, "Everything is going great." "The bombs and the dynamite is fake so they taking the bait like fish in the sea."

We clinked our mugs together as we continued to see our plan going together piece by piece like making a pie but that pie has a unexpected flavour and taste.