Chapter 10 - An Investigation

A few days later

Sofia's POV

I was getting ready to go back home since school was finished for the day.

I was thinking about me and Hugo's first date and thought maybe we should run an investigation?

I was so stuck in my own thoughts that I bumped into a wall well to me, in reality I bumped into Hugo.

I blushed as he caught me in his arms. We stayed like that for a while until we pulled away quickly because everyone was staring at us.

I said quietly looking down at the floor, "Thank you."

He nodded and left but before he did, he said quietly, "You're welcome see you later."

I quickly sprinted across the school corridors and sat down next to Amber. Once we were out of the carriage we rushed out because we had to get ready for the dinner at Hugo's castle. I decided to go with a different colour gown. Since I always wear pink or lavender.

Her gown

Her makeup

Her makeup

Dad called us, "Amber!" "Sofia!"

Me and Amber chorused as we went downstairs, "We're coming!"

We both ran downstairs to get into the carriage and we went off to Albuquerque.

As we went off to Albuquerque, I stared down at the view of Enchancia, it was so gorgeous when you look at it from above.

When we were at Albuquerque, their steward Benedick announced us.

Hugo's POV

I was with the whole family waiting for the Enchancian family to arrive or to be announced. We were all in our formal attire.

Our steward Benedick announced them as they arrived.

Benedick announced as he held a scroll, "The royal family of Enchancia." "King Roland II, Queen Miranda, Princess Amber, Prince James and Princess Sofia."

Once I saw them, we bowed and curtsied etc. I fist bumped with James, shaked hands with Roland and Miranda. And I had a small chat with Amber and I saved best for last, Sofia.

She giggled as if she was reading my mind, "You saved best for last huh?"

I teased her as I pulled her in for a hug, "Yeah well what can I say?" "You are the best."

She took my hand and we went inside to have dinner.

While we were eating, James and Axel spoke about sports and bunch of other things, Amber and Sofia were eating their food, Mum and Miranda were talking with Roland and Dad about something royal and probably boring.

Once we all finished our dinner, Axel took James and Amber to his room, and I took Sofia to mine.

As we walked into my room.

I asked as I went on the bed, "Sof remember when you told me to think about whether we should run an investigation or not?"

She nodded as she sat on the bed with me, "Yeah why do you ask?"

I sighed as I leaned back on a pillow, "I think we should do it." "Run an investigation because we don't know who did it to us yet and we can ask our dads for help."

She nodded as she leaned back with me, "I'm glad you agreed because I don't know if that person will do it again."

I kissed her forehead and smiled reassuredly, "I won't let it happen to you again."

She smiled softly as she leaned in closer, "Okay, right so about you ask your dad first then your dad will tell my dad."

I smirked as I kissed her cheek, "Sounds like a plan."

We started reading together for a few hours when we heard a knock on the door.

I called back, "Come in."

Both of our dads came in.

Roland said as he smirked, "Sofia we have to go now."

Me and Sofia looked at each other and said as we stood up, "Dad?"

Our Dads said in unison, "Yes?"

I asked my dad, "Dad can me and Sofia run an investigation into something that happened to us?"

Both of them turned around and looked at us confused.

Roland crossed his arms and asked in a serious tone, "Well what happened to the both of you?" Giving dagger eyes at me.

I cleared my throat nervously before continuing, "During our first date, we had a problem and someone hit my motorbike with a bullet." Looking down in embarrassment and guilty because I couldn't even protect Sofia during our first date.

My dad and Roland yelled angrily, "What?!"

Dad asked in a why-didn't-you-tell-us tone, "Champ, son, my boy, we didn't you tell us?"

Sofia spoke up and said calmly, "King Garrick, Dad we didn't see the bullet." "It came out of nowhere." "So that's why we are suggesting we run an investigation with your permission please."

Dad and Roland looked at each other and said calmly, "Okay you can run an investigation but only for a few weeks."

I thanked them, "Thank you." "Bye Sof."

She nodded as she left, "Bye Hugo."

Dad turned to me, "You better get to sleep champ you have a busy day ahead of you."

I nodded and got to bed.

Michael's and Cassandra's POV

Everything is going to plan. Excellent. Now all we have to do now is to wait. For the right moment for them to take the bait.