Chapter 42 - Hugo's awake

Hugo's POV

I felt myself waking up. Once I woke up, I felt a hand on my hand.

I looked at the hand and it was Sofia. It was still dark and she was asleep on other bed close to mine.

I slowly get the bangs out of her face as I whispered to myself, "She's so beautiful." I smiled at myself as I looked at her, "Cute."

I heard Sofia murmured softly, "Hugo." "Wake up please."

I squeezed her hand making Sofia murmured softly again, "Hugo." "Hugo." "Hugo."

It sounded like she was have a nightmare. I whispered softly as squeezed her hand again, "Sofia."

I heard her head toss and turn then she woke up and she pinched herself hoping she was in a dream.

She asked as she pinched herself, "Hugo is that really you?"

I cupped her cheek slowly with my hand and kissed her.

I asked after we kissed, "Was that a dream Sofia or was that real?"

She cried happy tears as she hugged me, "Hugo." "I-I thought y-you w-were." She started to tremble.

I rubbed her back as we hugged, "Shhh it's okay." "It's okay."

She bawled, "Hugo." "Why must this happen to us?"

I whispered into her hair, "I don't know." "Maybe this happens to us because we're spies."

She rested her head in my chest, she started to relax a bit in my arms.

She whispered into my chest, "I know bu-." I cut her off with a passionate kiss.

I said in a firm tone, "No buts.",

We heard someone come in. It was a nurse.

She came in and smiled softly as she did a quick check up on me, "Okay you alright." "You can be discharged tomorrow morning when your family comes to check on you." "You just need to a doctor to give you an extra check up then you can go home."

She left us as she went to her rounds of the other patients.