Imagine #51 - Damon Salvatore

*A/n* - THAT GIF! Jesus, I love this man

***

{Teddy Bear}

****

When you arrived home to the Salvatore Boarding House, you expected your daughter to come running towards the door to greet you as she usually did when you came home from work but today she was nowhere to be seen. "Hello?" You asked, placing your keys and bag by the door and walking down the hallway listening out for any signs of life in the house. "Hello?" You asked once again, turning a corner to see Damon and your daughter asleep together on the sofa; in one arm Damon was holding your daughter and in the other, one of her teddy bears. 

You gave a small chuckle as you sat beside him on the sofa and kiss him. He stirred and slowly started to wake up. "Morning, sleepyhead." You smiled at Damon as he kissed you back. "Did you sleep well?" You asked as he looked loving at your daughter who was still fast asleep. 

"We've had a busy day." He stated, "Besides, you know what they say: sleep when they do." He kissed you and asked about your day; he loved hearing about your day, no matter how boring it was. "Am I being replaced?" You asked, suddenly. 

"No!" He replied, shocked. "Why would you ask that?"

"Because you won't let go of that damn teddy bear." He looked down at his arms to see the teddy bear still there. "Oh." He said. "It's a cute bear." Damon shrugged, making you laugh. 

"It's not coming into bed with us." You said, making Damon laugh. 

"Message received loud and clear." He replied, as your daughter slowly started to wake up.