Imagine #56 - Ian Somerhalder

{Paul's Younger Sister - Part 2}

Ian looked out of the window as he heard Paul slamming his car door shut and walk up to the front door.  Ian was desperate to speak to Paul without (Y/n) being there because he wanted to ask Paul for permission to ask (Y/n) to be his wife.  By this point, Ian and (Y/n) had been together for several years but right from the beginning, he was certain that (Y/n) was the one that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. 

With Paul being (Y/n)'s older brother and Ian's best friend, Ian did not want to do anything without talking to Paul about it first.

 "Hey, Ian," Paul said, smiling Ian as the two of them exchanged a hug. 

"Hey, Paul." He replied, inviting Paul into the house. "How is everything? How's (Y/n)?"

"Things are fantastic at the minute and (Y/n) is doing great." Ian smiled before he stopped and tried to figure out what he wanted to say next. "Why do you look so worried?" Paul asked, concerned.

" I wanted to talk to you about (Y/n)," Ian said, nervously as Paul looked over at him.

"What is it, Ian?"

 "There's just something that I wanted to ask you, Paul," Ian admitted. "Something really important." 

Paul's face lit up, immediately. "Is this what I think it is?" He asked, not trying to hide his smile.

"I was wondering," Ian asked, slowly. "How you would feel about me asking (Y/n) to marry me?"

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Paul shouted. "I'd be so freaking happy!" Paul smiled proudly at the thought of his little sister and his best friend getting married. "She's going to be so happy," He told Ian, excitedly.

"Really?"

"Of course she is!" Paul told him. "She's completely in love with you. I've never seen her so happy" Paul pulled Ian into another hug. "Welcome to the family, brother."