Imagine #18 ~ Damon Salvatore

{Cure}

"How do you feel Damon?" You asked as he sat up on the sofa that he was laying on. You were sat with him. Once he was sat up he looked around the room, before looking at you and smiled; "I feel fine, great in fact." He grabbed a badge from the table. "The only question is, did it work?" He used the pin from the badge to prick the top of his index finger. Both of you began to watch it as it  bled. After a few moments, he let out a sigh of relief. "It's not healing." He smiled. It had worked, the cure for being vampire had worked and Damon was now a human, just like you were. 

There had been many debates about whether or not Damon was going to take the cure to be with you. To be honest, you were worried that Damon loved being a vampire to much to take the cure but he surprised you when he agreed to take the cure;

"Face it Damon! You love being a vampire, being the bad guy, too much to take this cure. To be with me." You had told him as you stood in the Salvatore mansion in front of the fire place as Damon held a glass of bourbon in his hand. "That's not true, (Y/n)." He replied, placing his glass down on the table. 

"Oh really?" You said. "I'm sorry but I don't believe you." You looked at him and decided that the best thing was to let him go. You realised that if you could never have the life that you wanted with him and you had been a fool for believing that you could. "Goodbye Damon." You had turned to leave but he grabbed your arm. "(Y/n). I want this, I want to live a human life with you. I want it all, the good, the bad, the perfect, the ugly; I want it. I want to be your husband and the father of your kids. I want to pay bills and drive around, picking up our kids from school. I could never have dreamed of being human if it wasn't for you but you make me want to be human. I love you and I'm ready to give up an eternal life to have one with you."

And with that, he took the cure.

The first thing he did after making his finger bleed was kiss you. "I'm human!" He had said as he pulled you into his arms. "We can finally be together." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a box and got on one knee. "(Y/n), I can't wait for these next years of my life and for our adventures. You make me human. Will you do me the honour of being my wife?" He asked you. You bit your lip. "Of course!" He placed the ring on your finger and kissed you. "I love you Damon Salvatore." You said as your arms wrapped around his neck. "I love you too." He told you. You had the sense that your life was only just beginning.