Imagine #33 ~ Damon Salvatore

{Kidnapped}

"What are we going to do?" Bonnie asked as she stood by the fireplace, Stefan pacing up and down. "What do you mean 'what are we going to do?'" He asked. "We have to get (Y/n) back." He looked up at the mantel piece to see and picture of (Y/n) and Damon together. "We have to before Damon finds out." They were too busy to hear Damon walking through the front door. 

"Before Damon finds out what?" He asked, walking into the living room. The smile that was on his face dropped when he saw everyone gathering around. "What's going on?" He asked. "Where's (Y/n)?" He added when he noticed that she wasn't there. 

Stefan looked around at everyone else that was stood in the room. Alaric, Jo, Bonnie, and Caroline all remained quiet, leaving Stefan to break the bad news to Damon. 

"Damon. You might want to sit down." He began as Damon threw his jacket onto the sofa and approached Stefan in an aggressive manner. "Where is she, brother?" He asked, shaking slightly but Stefan stayed quiet, looking at the floor, the truth was hard to admit. 

"She's gone." Alaric said, worried that if Stefan didn't say anything soon a fight would break out between the two of them. Damon shot a look at Alaric. "Gone? What do you mean 'she's gone?'" Damon questioned, his mind immediately going to an incredibly dark place. "Katherine..." Alaric continued. "Katherine took her." Damon's eyes widened as he slowly turned back to face Stefan. "And you let this happen?" He asked, calmly. Stefan knew that Damon wasn't as calm as he appeared. He knew that a raging fire was coursing through Damon's body. 

"Damon, I---" Stefan began to speak again but Damon immediately cut him off, addressing everyone in the room. "Why are you all just standing around?" He shouted. "Why aren't you out there looking for her?"

"Katherine is dangerous, Damon." Bonnie finally spoke. "You of all people should know that." Damon bit his tongue. "Well, that's risk that I'm willing to take, Bon Bon." He said angrily, walking over to the door but stopping at the tray that was filled with Scotch but he surprised everyone when he grabbed a glass and threw it at the wall. It made both Caroline and Jo jump. "Again, we're all still standing here." He repeated. "My girlfriend is out there somewhere with a psychopath. I'm going to find her but if you want to stay here, pack a picnic, waste time on one of Stefan's pointless plans, and get Bonnie to do her voodoo magic on a tracking spell, then be my guest."He stopped. "By then it might too late."  With that Damon slammed the front door behind and ran off into the night to look for (Y/n). 

He found himself looking around town, trying to figure out where Katherine would take (Y/n), then it hit him. She had caught on that Damon and Stefan were planning on placing her back in the tomb where she couldn't' get out; if she was going in there, she wasn't going alone. Damon dashed to the woods, where the entrance to the tomb was and sure enough, there they were. He hid, so Katherine couldn't see him. (Y/n) was bloody, tears streaming down her face, she sat in the corner, outside the tomb. "Oh, baby." He whispered, as though she could hear him. "It's going to be okay."

"Looks like your precious Damon isn't going to turn up." Katherine said as she kicked (Y/n)'s arm, making her scream in pain. "Probably for the best." She admitted, staring at (Y/n). Her dark eyes were piercing but she continued to smile. "Me and you are going to be spending a lot of time together, until you die that is. Then I'm going to drain you of your blood." She stopped, pulling out a mirror and sorting her hair. She moved it so that she could see (Y/n) in the reflection. "Isn't that fun?" She added. Just then Damon appeared, taking her by surprise. 

"Oh god, here we go." Katherine said, putting away her mirror calmly. Damon grabbed her but she through him into the wall. He groaned as he hit it and landed next to (Y/n). "It's going to be okay baby." He said, now that she could hear him. He jumped up once more and grabbed hold of Katherine again. Between them there was a real struggle but in the end, Damon won the fight as he managed to get Katherine onto the floor before throwing her in the tomb and shutting it shut behind her. Her final scream echoed. 

Damon ran over to (Y/n) and helped her up. She threw her arms around him and he held her close and inhaled her perfume. God, he wouldn't be able to live without her. "Let's get you home." He said, before he added "You're safe now."

__________________

Word Count: 818